Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2004, 04:45 AM   #1
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
We got drenched INSIDE

The first night at lake Cumberland was the first time we had ever set up in much of a rain. The main slideout poured in water. We got it stopped by slightly pulling in the slide. (There is slightly more roof slope as it pulls in) Turns out there was a definite sag in the roof of the slide out. Enough sag that I could put my hand between the roof and the seal. The next morning we vacuumed over eight gallons of water out of the carpet.

When we got back to Lexington a few days later, I called Keystyone and they recommended we stop at a dealer on our next stop in Michigan. With advice from Keystone, Kitsmiller RV in Mason MI fixed the problem. By removing the facia and plate attached to the roof of the slide. Then, while the roof was properly positioned, They screwed the plate back in place.

My special thanks to the service department at Kitsmiller for working us into a hectic schedule. Keystone will be getting a letter of commendation to Kistmiller in the near future.
Regards to all

Dave and Victoria
Arizona, Old Mexico and Michigan
Driving GMC 2500HD Duramax
Pulling Montana 3295 Big Sky
Sharing with a Yorkie (Dude) and a Schipperke (Dharma)
see the Montana pulled by an RV-4 at http://www.brickner.com/images/Montana_I.jpg

Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:16 AM   #2
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Checking out carpet and registering a concern is a good idea. Hopefully nothing will ever come of it but best to document everything.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:58 AM   #3
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Thanks for all of the advice.
We were concerned about the carpet as well and included that in our letter to keystone. We also sprayed the carpet with an anti fungus spray Victoria had on hand. We also really dried the carpet thoroughly using the carpet cleaner device. I went over and over the carpet until nothing more was coming up. I figure we will be able to tell if something starts to grow well before the end of the warranty period.
Special regards to a special group
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote