Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
McClellan RV Show (Sacramento, CA) 3/17-3/20

We'll be there sometime this weekend. Any one else attending?
Send us an email.

RV SUPER SHOW & SALE
McClellan Business Park
[/b][/center]
Sacramento,California

Friday, 3/17 thru Sunday, 3/20
[center]10am to 6pm

[b]
  • FREE ADMISSION!...FREE PARKING!
  • Montana Dealer Attending

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Hello D and M,
(I'm new to this forum)
I dropped by the show Thursday to get an idea of "show prices" vs what I was seeing on the lots. Our short list was HH, Cameo, Titanium, Open Road, (we plan to fulltime starting this summer after daughter finishes at CSUS, retired last October and have already downsized from house to Apt.)
While meandering in and out of rigs I came across a Montana 3400RL that looked very interesting. Wife and I went back Friday for a second look, now it seems our short list is back to getting longer. Since we hadn't been considering Keystone previously, I have spent the better part of last night and this morning reading in this and Trailer Life forums trying to get an owners impression of the quality, level of construction, reliability, and comfort of the Montana brand given our fulltime plans. The 3400RL at the show is loaded as near as I can tell, 15K AC, Fantastic fan, FP, 2nd air prep, Central Vac, WD installed, etc. The listed price is $62,593. with a show discount to $54,659. In reviewing many posts, it appears the List price (MSRP ?) is discounted only 12.5%, many posts I've read suggest 20 % to 30% are more likely possible. Folsom Lake RV is the Dealer. Also at 37' 1" the 3400RL is longer than what we had been looking at (32 to 34), and I'm wondering if the length is a concern for most parks and campgrounds ?.
Sorry this post is meandering as well, I'm trying to learn about this product as it is now on our list of possibles, any comments/insight you or others have are appreciated.
Where does Montana sit vs HH, Cameo ?
Opinions i.e. construction/quality for fulltime ?
This Dealer, service/warranty after sale ?
Any thoughts on the CC 1822#'s
Thoughts about towing with a 05 F350, Lariat, dually ?
Is the 20%-30% discount realistic ?
Thanks in advance for any and all input.....jerry

jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:11 AM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Welcome jpf.

Unfortunately we don't know how Folsom Lake RV is as a dealer. We bought our Montana at Traveler's RV in Reno. I am sure others here can answer your other questions far better than we can as we are only "weekend warriors" since we both still hold down jobs.

We want to get a new 5th wheel when we retire (in about 5 years) and it will more than likely be a Montana because we like how Keystone stands behind its products. One thing we will be looking to avoid is the type of "peninsula kitchen" that our current Montana (3295RK) has and the 3400RL has. Only one person can be in it at a time and that has become a major problem to us plus there just isn't much space to be bending over and searching for items in the lower cabinets.

Good luck in your quest and I am sure some others will come along here and help you out.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We just returned from the RV show and met Charles Wade (sp?) who is a Keystone Montana factory representative. He said if anyone has any questions to drop on by the show and ask for him.

I carry brochures with me (that I have made) advertising the MOC and he took one. Not too sure what he is going to do with it. I handed out about 15 brochures to people looking at Montanas. Maybe we'll get some new members. I am about sure that I sold 3 Montanas for them while I was there. They should be paying me a commission!

We should have a MOC table/booth at RV shows to advertise the MOC. We'd probably be able to sell more Montanas than a salesperson could.

jpf..... the Keystone Larado Representative thought you should go back and talk to Charles Wade. He is under the impression that Charles could give you a better deal. We didn't get to ask Charles about that because he went to help someone who got stuck inside a Montana and couldn't get out...*LOL
Old 03-19-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Call around to other Montana dealers and ask for there best price. We bought ours at Cousin Gary's in Redding and got a great deal. They also give excellent service when you need it.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote