Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2005, 02:31 PM   #21
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Ok I haven't done this before. My ftp upload site that I used once changed to German. Had to find another one. So on this first one we were waiting for everybody to get there in the 3650RK.

And then a old guy with a pretty lady walked in.

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:51 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
R&R, I thought about that route but it's 70 miles farther than going down 301. And since we were dealing with a Walmart-induced vibration (a different thread) and droning we couldn't run much faster than 70mph anyhow. 301 was decent road, just not pretty. And a bit ominous when we saw this big black and yellow billboard outside this one town. In big yellow letters on a black background was "Speedtrap" and the name of the town. From that point on I very carefully stuck to the speed limit. Forgot the name of the town.

Coming home we took I-4 to Cape Canaveral. Stopped briely at the Kennedy Space Center. We only had a couple of hours to spend so decided $60 for the two of us to only see a part of it because of time constraints was not a good deal so we passed on that and drove up the Canaveral National Seashore, where we got out of the truck and watched that big alligator, then drove up the Merrit Island Wildlife Refuge to the Manatee Observation Deck where we stopped and watched the manatees (maybe 15 feet away) for quite awhile, then drove up the rest of that road to US 1. Took 1 to near Daytona Beach where we cut over to A1A and took it for a long ways until it got too dark to see anything, then moved over to I-95 and beelined home from there. We left Tampa around 8:30 a.m. and arrived at Tybee Island at just before 11 p.m. Very nice day, though.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #23
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
Just kidding about the Gators of course Viki. And I should have said good pictures to you instead of Steve. Hey don't let anyone bother you about taking unplanned pictures, they are the best kind.

Here's another Gator for Steve.

Montana_2821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:07 PM   #24
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
Steve, that was probably Waldo Florida, it's been a nationally known speed trap forever.

I guess you took 301 to I-75? That probably is not a bad way to go to Tampa.

Here you and Viki drive 350 miles to meet everyone and I didn't drive from Kissimmee after planning for over a week to make the trip. I'm feeling a bit guilty for letting a little weather, bad traffic and timing get in my way.

But perhaps another time.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the gator pictures, R&R! That last one has kind of a "come on" look. I hope that one's female? Or maybe it's a hungry look.

Yes, 301 from I-10 to I-75. It really wasn't bad and was probably less boring than taking an interstate. We really enjoyed the drive along A1A on the way home. With the wind, the spray off the ocean, and some rain thrown in it was a very interesting drive.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:46 PM   #26
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
Just a happy Gator taking life easy Steve.

Glad you enjoyed your ride home. Where do you go after Tybee Island?

Old 01-17-2005, 07:25 AM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I forgot to mention I'm pretty sure it was Waldo. That sure rings a bell. We'll be at Tybee Island until 3/10 then head north to Virginia to take our granddaughters out for a week during Spring Break. We hope to spend a week at Charleston, SC, on the way north. Other than our granddaughters, all plans are tentative, of course! We've been known to shift gears before.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:51 AM   #28
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
Steve, if you ever come that way again through Waldo you might take 24 out of Waldo to Gainesville and get on I-75 there. I think that is about the same distance and you get on the Interstate quicker.

But if you do go through Waldo be careful!

Good luck on your trip.

We have made the arragnements fot the hitch to be installed on our truck and are planning to bring the 5er home on Jan 29. As I said in my intro a couple of weeks ago I still teach math at the local Commutity College. Our spring break is Mar 21-25 and we are planning a shake down week to Franklin North Carolina where we spend the summer. Our plan is then to be back in NC by June 1st and get a taste of living in it for two and a half months.

How we fare this summer will go a long way to determinging what we do in the future.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:50 PM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the tips, Bill. We have no current plans to make the trip again but I'm sure someday we will be back in Florida.

Our granddaughters' spring break is the same week you mention in March. We'll already be in VA by then so won't have the opportunity to cross paths with you this time around. Have a safe and fun trip.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yea! The truck is fixed and is once again a real pleasure to drive. The total bill was 213.72, below Walmart's threshhold, so I presented the paid bill to the Walmart Tire and Lube Express manager and got paid in full. In cash. On the spot.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:22 PM   #31
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
That's great news Steve. Glad to hear that WallyWorld came thru as promised.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #32
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Steve,

Great to read the updated information on your truck.

Regarding telling Dick buddy, I already did. LOL He laughed when I read him your post.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote