Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Can't see pictures in topics

Hoping you can help on this.....don't know why but all of a sudden when I read a topic which has a picture imbedded I do not have a picture, I only have a box with colored dots and it cannot be opened. I have checked my computer settings and nothing has changed. I don't know what to check next.....the topic I was on was MOC on Mars....Maintenance..Leaf Spring Failure....all the responders are talking like they all can see the picture and I can't.....have experienced this in other entries with pictures as well. Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.

Betty

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Betty, I can't find any settings in my profile that affect viewing of pictures. I'm thinking it has to be something in your system.

Have you added anything new? Maybe a new antivirus or firewall? Both might have settings that are "protecting" you by stopping images.

What internet browser do you use? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Or MAC's browser or something else? If we know that maybe we can find a setting that will help. Some privacy and security settings are what I'm thinking.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Steve:

Thank you for the prompt reply, Paul was suspecting it might be the firewall or security he's going to take at the system set-up to check out if this is the issue. And yes, there was a system update a few days ago......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks again, will let you know if we are able to resolve this issue.

Betty
Old 08-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
If you think the update caused the problem or if it was working until the update you may want to do a restore and see if that helps. If it doesn't you can put it back to before restore.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Ok, we have checked everything and can find no answer to this problem, it appears to be pictures that are tinypic.com related....and only if they are in the body of the item.....tinypics that are part of the signature appear all the time.....have encountered in a couple of topics and when I try to open the item it fails and id's the pic as i54tinypic.com/##### etc....when I go to tinypic to search it doesn't find the picture. We have searched on line and apparently we are not alone in this problem....many people are having the problem with tinypic inserts......

Paul has tried changing the browser and has shut off the firewall and still no picture....he has discovered that some people think it might be related to internet browser speed....we have been using the current provider for three weeks....we'll know when we move next week if this is true.

Thanks for all your suggestions will let you know if we solve the
mystery.

Betty
Old 08-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Well hello.....all of a sudden the DH and I are both able to see the pictures....we did nothing, changed nothing.....been away all day and our area has been hit by a few thunderstorms and voila!!!!!!

Don't know what caused it and don't know what fixed it....guess it's just the one upstairs....................

Betty
Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Interesting. Thanks for the update! I guess the key is when this happens, we should find a day when we'll have thunderstorms, then leave for the day. Apparently tinypic was having a problem. I guess.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote