Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
ATT Wireless Hidden Charge for Roadside Assistance

I reviewed my cell phone bill and discovered a charge I hadn't notice before, but which has been present since we opened our account, for "roadside service." The charge is $2.99/month and the customer is required to notifiy ATT (611) to terminate the "service." I have no recollection of learning of the program when we began with ATT, but obviously, should have checked my monthly billings more closely.

The service excludes RVs, and heavy duty trucks, is limited to 4 calls per year, $50 service per call, and does not apply to collisions or even damage caused by road debris. Check the light colored blue box in upper right of pdf file to see how limited it is. I couldn't link to the pdf file, but using the link below, go to "details" and from there you can see the pdf, if you wish.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...questid=273575

While $3 monthly from each customer may be minimal, the amount of money taken in on this hidden charge nationally could be substantial.

Looks like ATT got spanked in WA over this practice.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/pressrelease.aspx?id=22184

Bill

Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 AM   #2
Montana_10714
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10714
I signed up for "Mr Rescue" road service on my AT&T account...
When I called for service with a flat on the Dodge Ram2500 diesel...they told me my heavy duty truck was not cover...but yet it is my only vechicle - and is used daily....

They had a service call on the same truck two years ago without any questions...
Montana_10714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
So much for those things with free trial periods. They're all the same; they go into effect if you don't cancel them. I've seen things I would have really liked to have on a trial basis, but when it comes to the credit card number, I just close it out (web site). That said, when we lived in the stick house, and had AT&T, we used their roadside service. IIRC, you must call on your cell phone tho, not on a friends or a land line.

Personally, I don't like AT&T. But, I don't think any of the big carriers are any better. They'll all break it off in you if given the opportunity. JMHO
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote