Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2004, 02:33 AM   #1
jim 59
Established Member

M.O.C. #603
Heater Fan

I had to turn the heater on for the first time this week.The vents in the floor only has a small amount of hot air coming out.Is this nornal?The fan was on Hi.

jim 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
On ours, the downstairs floor vents have a pretty good airflow but the upstairs floor vents just barely move any air. Same in our prior Montana and in our prior Jayco Eagle and Wilderness fifthwheels. Hope that helps some.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
jim 59
Established Member

M.O.C. #603
Thank you, Steve . I guess I will return it to dealer and let them repaaair it under War. .
jim 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 02:24 PM   #4
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I bought round pipe lenghts and elbows and eliminated almost all of the flex pipe. This way I don't have to worry about crushing it on the storage area. I was able to get the pipe tight against the bottom of the floor and have more room now. I also built a rack for my folding table and chairs. This way they stay put and their spot is there. I also snaked a wire from the w/d receptacle and insatlled a receptacle in the storage area and one in the front storage area also.

I do get a little better flow from the heat, not much though. I find enough heat rises into the bedroom so it gets rather warm after a while.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote