Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Sofa or loveseat

Does anyone know where Keystone get their sofa or loveseats with the airbed? We'd like to put one in our 2980RL and eliminate the two recliners so we have some extra sleeping area for any guests or family when we're out in the "Wilds"! We have the loveseat that folds down into a bed but think we need more sleeping quarters! Can we put regular units in the Monte without having to go thru Keystone or the respective dealer?

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Rondo,
I have the Air Bed Sleeper Sofa. Wife wants to get rid of it because the seating area is to narrow and to short in length. We have been looking all over for a sleeper sofa that does not have the big fat arms like the one that comes with the Montana. We saw some inside some MH's that are the same overall outside dimensions of 73-75 inches and give several inches longer in the lay down lounging position. My DW say she should be able to sleep on it without having to open it and not be afraid to fall off. I think the back cushion to end is 21 inches with a 31 inch overall depth. To much back and arm padding that is not necessary.

If we get lucky, I'll have one for sale - cheaper than you can buy one from the dealer.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Wayne- Check out C/W! I think they had a sofa sleeper with out arms you could get! I'm also going to check here in Omaha where we have a BIG furniture store and see what they might have available. If I find anything I'll let you know and who the manufacturer is! You can maybe Google them and find out a dealer near you! Damn, I sound like a commercial. Who knows, maybe we can make a swap deal if I find what you want and you have what I want! Swapping the sofas that is! What's the length of your sofa with the airbed and how far does it fold out to when inflated?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Be sure and check the depth measurements if you plan to keep it in the rear section. I thought about switching the recliners and the sofa in our '06 3475, but the sofa was too deep to allow the slides to come in.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Rondo,
The one we have is a full size bed when extended. There is room to walk by the foot of the bed in the 3400RL. It is self inflating and deflating. It is being replaced right now by the dealer (keystone) because it developed a very slow leak. The Technician that I talk to all the time said that this was a common problem in that they get pinched in the mechanics of the bed. I believe it, although we are very careful when we close it up.

It is a built in two cushion with an OD length of 73 inches. From wall to front is 31 inches. The seating area is 21 inches from the back of the cushion to the front edge. The seating lenght is approximately 5 feet. That is why DW wants to get rid of it. She's 5'4" and can't stretch out all the way, and the 21 inches of width does not allow her to get comfortable.

There is a Camping World about 72 miles from me, so I might just give them a try, thanks.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Wayne- go to campingworld.com and search for sofas. You should find them in there! They are not cheap, I'll say that for sure and you might be able to find one that will fit your purpose at a furniture store instead but it is worth a try and you don't have to drive that 75 miles and waste the diesel either. I'm hoping to hiht the Nebraska Furniture Mart here in Omaha tomarrow or Saturday and I'll check out what they have there and get some brand names.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We have gone to so many furniture stores in this area, I lost count. everyone wants big armed furniture, which is a waste of space. Hey, I need to exercise the diesel anyhow.

Our treat today was to go to Sonic, get a Java Chiller each, and then drive out on the dike. The Texas City Dike is 5 miles one way. I figure it cost me more in diesel fuel than it did for the Java Chillers.

I know JimF, I know. If I'm going to foolishly use my fuel like that I may as well take the trip to NE. Still thinking about it.

Edited: Rondo, do let me know if you find anything. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Check out the MOC Classifieds..
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=26957

I've been trying to sell my air bed sofa.

Only problem is the closest I will be to Omaha this year will be Nashville TN in May.
Last summer we went right through Omaha.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:29 AM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Glenn,
If you bought mine, you would have matching sofas.

What say?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #10
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
I believe the sofa is manufactured by Flair? Located in the Elhkart/Goshen area?
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I talked with the local (Katy, TX - 72 miles) Camping World furniture person, Lisa, today. She was very informative on the Sleeper Sofas/Easy Bed/Magic Sofa. I didn't know there were so many different varieties. They had had the model I was interested in, but only in cloth, and sold it. They have a couple of other models on the floor, but I'm going to wait a few weeks until they get a replacement in for what they sold.

I'm just that kind of person that I have to see it in person and check to make sure it fits our needs. I would not want to have two sofas for sale.

The price at Camping World, according to Lisa, includes removal of old sofa and installation of new. That's not bad. There is a consignment place just down the road from them for the old sofa if one wishes to go that way.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Ron ...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Nebraska Furniture Mart! We've bought almost all of our furniture for the last 25+ years there. We were thrilled when they opened a store in Kansas City. In fact, we bought the sofa/sleeper and Steve's La-Z-Boy in our 3400 from the KC store.

FYI ... if you put the sofa in the rear (at least on a 3400), unscrew the curtain holders and it will give you 1-1/2 to 2 inches more room (we left the brackets in to hold down the curtain ... you can't tell it's unhooked just by looking). Then when it's time to bring the slides in, you simply have to pull the curtains out of the way and push the sofa all the way to the rear wall.

Have fun shopping!

v

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If for some reason Glenn's sofa doesn't work for you and you still want exactly what Keystone puts in the Montanas, your dealer can get it for you. A few years ago we needed a new couch and our dealer got one for us. I don't know exactly where they got it but would guess they asked Keystone who is the supplier and then went to the supplier.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #14
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Steve,
That is exactly what they are doing for me. I told them the present one has a slow leak and they are replacing it with a new one. (Don't know if that is complete sofa, or just the air mattress.)
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Glenn,
If you bought mine, you would have matching sofas.

What say?
OH Sure! But that would defeat my purpose of making room for a second desk and besides who needs a leaking air mattress.

BTW..The web site for Flair is at
http://www.flairinteriors.com/sleep/sleep.html
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:10 AM   #16
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Glenn,

I'll sell you the non leaking one for half the price of two.

Come on!

Thanks for the site.