Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #1
Dennis Korchak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2419
MONTY IS HERE

We just had our walk through on our 06 3295RK this last Monday. We didn't find any problems at that time. Looks great. We ordered a 3600 watt Onan Generator but they installed a 5500 watt instead(no extra charge). Also ordered a 1600# hitch but they installed a 2100 # under the bed hitch, also no extra charge. Our Montana came with the Artic, Moving to Montana, and Value Package. We also added slide awnings to all slides, gen prep, extra AC in bedroon, outside shower, washer/dryer prep . The new 2006 cap in nice. The Monty pulls like a dream. Don't even know is is there. The New Mohr Ride sys is great. Fit and finish was a 10. Everything perfect. We had to add memory foam to the Bed. The Bed is bad without the foam. We have tried all the systems this week and the only item we had problems with were. 1. I had to tighten the P trap under the kitchen sink and 2. the rechargeable flash light doesn't work. Also new for 2006 is a heat vent in the bathroom, a service panel which contains the outside shower,flush for the black water tank, hot water bypass winterization valves, city water hook-up with a valve to add water to your tank, and a battery disconnect switch. Also added was Tennessee cedar lined wardroom closet. We are very Happy with the quality and the service we got with our Monty. I am shure you folks will love the 3295RK as well as we do. Ours took 7 week to receive our Monty and 5 day to install all the extras.
All in all a great experience. Very happy and PROD OWNERS OF A MONTY.....

Dennis Korchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Be sure to watch that P-Trap. We tightened ours up when we got it and within a week it had come loose again. We have had to tighten it up at least 5 times. We are going to try to find something that will keep it tight light maybe some silicone tape. On 2 occasions we had water in the lower cabinets...
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:02 AM   #3
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Well congrads on the new rig. I sure hope that you will be as happy with yours as we are with ours.
Hope to see you down the road. We are from Marysville, Wa We just don't spend much time there.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:18 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Found that P trap loose on our Pre-PDI yesterday.Service folks at the dealership said that was a common thing....wonder why??? Our inspection was also near perfect.We did not even check the " flashlight" as whether it works or not is a non issue with us.It is a trash can item... We know that happy camper feeling...good luck and happy camping.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:24 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Congratulations Dennis. We hope you enjoy your Monty as much as we do ours.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:25 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on your new Monty. On the plumbing connections, I just check them regularly as a routine maintenance item. If you do much traveling, they can loosen due to the forces exacted on them. Sink P-traps and shower drains are always suspect. I keep a roll of plumber's putty tape in my tool kit. There is also a drain tool for tightening and loosening the drain flange. Happy RVing...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Well congrats on the new family addition. Glad everything is checking out. Thanks for the info on the P-trap, I have not checked mine but guess I had better do that right away.
Seems like the flashlight might be the weakest link. I called my dealer for a replacement of mine and he said he already had four of them on order already.
Maybe Keystone got a bad batch of them in.
Isn't that new cap nice. I really like the look and seems to be more aerodynamic. Course I got the gel-coat finish and when I put some wax on that front end it really shined and was slick.
Happy camping.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Dennis
Wife and I had a cabin on the Hood Canel near Silverdale for 17 years. Now we leave east of Bellingham. Congrats on your new Monty.We love our 05 but those 06 sure sound neat.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #9
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congrats on the new coach!! I hope you have many happy years of enjoyment.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:32 AM   #10
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Congratulations neighbor!! We are from Port Orchard. I so envy you guys. We are looking at the 3000RK and the 3475RL and can’t wait until we get ours. Who did you purchase your unit from?
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #11
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Congrats, the Monty sounds great!! It is so much fun getting a new fiver!! Picked ours up last week and have been tinkering with it ever since. Here's to many years of great memories and safe travel!!
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:19 AM   #12
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Dennis,

Congrats on your new 3295RK!! We have the 3000RK and just love it!
Glad all went well with everything.

Remember if you do have any problems or questions or circumstances or..
you have the MOC for solutions, answers, reccomendations, support, friendship and yes, even love!!
(Sorry, got a LITTLE corny there)

Enjoy and have fun!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #13
Montana_5598
Established Member

M.O.C. #5598
Dennis & Jackie ;
Congratulations on your new Rig ! I know you will enjoy the Movin' to Montana and artic packages here in WA. They were already on our Mountaineer!
We love the quality and haven't had A problem. (got my fingers crossed ) We are going to Tucson next week for a big try out of the new trailer.
I would also like to know Where you purchased it !
Happy & Safe Camping!

Lori
Montana_5598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new coach. I hope you enjoy your new Montana as much as I do mine...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote