Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2022, 09:20 AM   #41
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
I've been told that the assembly for 2 wear guides requires that the tube be straightened before installing the assembly. This is due to having only the one bolt in the center, rather than the 2 bolts used on the asssembly for one wear guide. I plan to use some angle iron and a large c-clamp to do that.

Still waiting on my swap out, Lippert dropped the ball and I got ordering and installing a 3rd AC.

RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 05:55 AM   #42
Snak

M.O.C. #33717
I too have this slide out problem under the fridge side of the slide. I did the washer fix and it worked incredibly well for about 3 months. The problem is back now and I've noticed that the tube is crowned more than before which leaves the once-tight washers very loose. It also appears that one of the wear tabs is significantly worn through. I've adjusted and retimed the slide so many times I could do it in my sleep...

Has anyone had noticable success with the service assy 366450? Or should I just go straight to the welded plate on top? I saw one review on the Lippert site that says the assy is still too thin of metal that it bends and flexes as it is tightened down.
Snak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 01:01 PM   #43
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snak View Post
Has anyone had noticable success with the service assy 366450? Or should I just go straight to the welded plate on top? I saw one review on the Lippert site that says the assy is still too thin of metal that it bends and flexes as it is tightened down.
I checked today and noticed a crown and also have the same question if the 366450 assembly works. Also, does the welded plate work? It seems that the bracket could crown like this mark up shows. A welded plate directly on the tube seems like a better idea. Or, welding a plate on the top or below this bracket might work too if the adjustability of this assembly provides a benefit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown Mark Up.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	16920  
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:52 PM   #44
RandyH
Established Member

M.O.C. #26605
I put the service assembly on my 3121RL about a year and a half ago after the crowning issue. So far I have not had any further issues. I probably will now that I have mentioned it....LOL
RandyH is offline   Reply With Quote