Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Quote from another forum.

Gruffy

Posted: 10/27/05 06:04pm Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Montana's are sold based on eye candy and not quality... if you complain about quality on the Montana Owners Forum they kick you off and refuse to accept any more posts. That should tell you volumes.....

This message was sent to another forum. Sounds like sour apples to me. I remember some of his topics and replys. Still sour apples!

paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yes, very sour and the forum has been so much nicer in his absence and no offense but personally I don't need being reminded of him.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
The user name itself says volumes.....
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:30 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
He is still a member. I looked at some of his posts and he had some good points along with his bad comments. Anyway he has not been "kicked off". He may have been censored but not kicked off unless the administrators haven't taken him off of the active list. But I agree with Glenn, we need to work together to solve the problems (like the remote thermostat) and not have a lot of vinegar doing it.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I wasn't around when he was posting but it doesn't appear as though I missed much. Quite honestly I can't imagine being treated nicer than I was by this whole group when I arrived. AND I've not seen anyone else join that wasn't welcomed with open arms!!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
DITTO What MAC said. What an outstanding group of people you all are. I enjoy every day and every post I read, AND I HAVE LEARNED SOOO MUCH!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #7
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
There is NO where else to learn what we can learn here. My only problem on this forum is that I can't keep up with all the improvements that I would like to make.
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Tollmann, if you think you have a lot of improvements to do after reading the forum, you should go to a rally. The ideas will keep you busy for a year. Just ask my husband.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
After awhile, that kind of posting gets real old. Someone might first think it's humorous, but it really wears on people. I was not impressed. My response was to fall back to this forum pretty much exclusively. Although, I'm still on that one very occasionally. I am looking for helpful info as Cheryl & I get ready for FTing. I do not need to entertained. This forum has by far been the most helpful. This is a family.

Some other forums apparently allow "Posting While Under the Influence (PWUI)". Some of those guys (including that one) should have been pulled over a long time ago. Thanks go to MOC for creating such a great environment!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #10
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I always wondered what happened to Gruffy,
It's to bad that he has bad feelings about the MOC Forum. I'm sure he has people that he still communicates to, I will say this much, that bad mouthing one of your places that you used to hang out a lot, is not good for you or anybody else. but when you put in your two cents on the screen you are leaving yourself open for any kind of critisium or prase, and there are sometimes written words that can hurt or anger someone, a person must learn to STOP, when his or her post starts to go to the agressive writting. I will leave it alone and let it be closed by either the moderator or let it Die. But if you don't I guess this is what can happen. to bad I had a few good talks with Gruffy on this forum.

TT2
Old 11-14-2005, 06:50 PM   #11
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
People that are generally angry about everything usually get no where. Cooler heads will always prevail. I don't remember this guy either, but I plan to look his posts up and see what it was he is all upset about. The calmness of everyone here @ the MOC is what I love about it. No one is here stating my way is better than your way and if anyone has a complaint it is normally resolved with just talking to others on here that have been there and gotten it fixed quickly and correctly without trying to drag everyone thru the mud.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:45 AM   #12
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Both my wife and I appreciate this forum very much. Alot of great people. We are always learning something new..........Les and Sue
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:44 AM   #13
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
First to any new people that might come to this forum because of this action by Gruffy GLAD TO HAVE YOU! This is the best place to find out what you want to know about the good AND the bad comments about Keystone products. I've posted good and bad comments about my Keystone and they have always been recieved with an open mind by other members THANKS TO ALL!!!
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:00 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ron,
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Well said.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well.I am here to learn. You learn from the bad as well as the good. I want to hear both and we should ALL feel free to express our views and problems.However, This is not the place for bashing or personal attacks on folks or their actions which the post in question appears to be. The individual in question has the right to express his personal views however he should have expresed them to the forum moderators via a PM,Not on another open forum.This is a very useful forum and has the potential to cause things to happen IF presented in the proper manner. I note over 4900 listed MOC members.. say at a average price of 25 to 30K per unit that represents nearly 12 to 15 MILLION $ worth of Montana's & mountaineer's. That kind of investment in a company would get you on the Board of Directors.... Oh..what forum was that post on?????

** OOps not over 4900 members //3668 members that makes it 9 to 11 MILLION.. Still on the board..

I found the forum he posted on...ye Gods..he is sure a unhappy camper.
He must have had a horrible experience.Others on this forum have had serious issues BUT keystone took care of them...Maybe a hassle but it got done..Have to say that Montana held its own.. The post are over the top...not fair at all.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:11 AM   #16
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
I also have been helped tremendously by people in here. The biggest problem with our 5er is not enough time to enjoy it more. And that is my only problem. We love it.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #17
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Gruffy has a lot of good knowledge to contribute to the forum but he also had some bad but don't we all?

Gruffy's biggest problems are he's right and anyone who disagrees is (for lack of a better word) a butt hole. Just because he had problems with his Montana we ALL had to have problems with ours. Anyone that didn't admit to having problems was either a liar or kissing up to Montana.
Also he would multiply his problems with Keystone/Montana by having a bad attitude when dealing with Keystone customer service.
I for one do not miss him.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:50 AM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
One of the best aspects of this forum is that the posters are objective and honest, but not bitter and vindictive. Not everyone is happy with their product but their dismay can be presented in a manner that is not distasteful. It's what this forum is all about and one of the main reasons that people read and post so freely.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:34 AM   #19
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Some people just don't accept any responsibility for their actions. It is always someone else that is at fault. I made the choice to buy a Montana. Keystone did not force me to buy it. If I have a problem I deal with it. If I think it is a Keystone issue, I attempt to get them to take care of it. If I am not satisfied with their response I work through the problem. If all else fails I sell it and move on to something else. But in the end it is my responsibility, my decision. Life is not always fair but it is how you deal with the unfair parts that make it worth the trip. I choose to get up in the morning with a positive attitude. My days are much brighter because I choose to do so. In the end It is my responsibility!
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:12 AM   #20
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
I for one think the forum should accept positive as well as the negative comments. I think the constructive criticism is needed in order for us to learn. I had noticed what might be considered gruff comments from Gruffy, but I also noticed he was very knowledgeable on most subjects. Sometime ago I sent him an email inquiring about his lack of post's on this forum. At the time he said he was banned from the forum because of negative comments. I have also noticed the lack of comments from a few others. Were they banned or censored also? I expect being banned would create a bit of animosity toward Keystone/Montana products.
I truly enjoy this forum and the family atmosphere is definitely here and appreciated. I don't think it is correct to ban anyone because of their opinions, after all nobody forces me to read them.
Have a good day!

Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote