Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #21
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
rohrmann - just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you did not plumb in items behind Convenience center. Weather warms up, I was think about doing some similar but doing it behind - please save me from too much thought

Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #22
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Bill,

What is that blue foam you have on the incoming water line port? Looks like a good mouse deterrent! And what is the extra setup you have in the pass thru (water filter or softener?)?
The blue foam is part of the foam brace they had on me when I had a hip replaced, ended up being better to cut the critter stopper out of it. I use a blue inline filter outside the rig, then hooked up through the wye fitting inside the convenience center. The short hose goes to the water softener, which is a Watts RV Pro 10,000 unit, then another short hose goes to the city water inlet. I use the other side of the wye fitting to connect a short hose to the tank flush. I use a couple of short flex hose gizmos to make that connection. When I'm done with the flush, I can disconnect the short hose from the flex hoses and can drain the water outside of the convenience center. We fulltime, and in over five years, have never had an issue with the backflow/airgap valve, and it has never frozen either.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #23
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Ok thanks. We don't use filters but the very first time I hooked up a hose on our unit a mouse climbed the hose. I got him in the pass thru but taught me a lesson......
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #24
chessera2527
Established Member

M.O.C. #26178
where did you find the video
chessera2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #25
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Owners How To Videos
https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/
YouTube is your friend
https://youtu.be/qVSnLoTD3is

Looking at your pictures, yes it looks like it has been winterized. Battery is off, water heater is by passed, and winterize is on.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:57 PM   #26
Rick n Kelly
Established Member

M.O.C. #24855
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
There should be a sticker or a couple of them inside your convenience center that explains some of the functions. The two drain valves, on the red and blue lines are the low point drains from your water system. The position stickers near the valves show their normal positions. I am attaching a photo of our convenience center, also a photo of the rear view, plus a diagram of the plumbing in a one line drawing I made, which should be the same as yours. The drawing is the view from the rear of the convenience center wall.

I noticed your water pressure valve is inside convenience center. Next time I regenerate my water softener I will move mine. Water in West Texas is so hard this will make the valve last longer.
Rick n Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 03:55 AM   #27
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Hey, LigonierMontana.
I have a 2019 3791RD. The "1" indicates we have a residential fridge. The battery disconnect in the convenience center (big red handle) cuts off "most" 12 volt things, but others like the propane detector, smoke detectors, etc. still draw power directly from the batteries. The second battery disconnect in the forward compartment, mine is a round turn knob, is solely to disconnect the inverter for the fridge. It does not disconnect anything else, at least not on my unit. You can confirm by following the red cable to the inverter which in my case is mounted in the top of the pass through compartment on the left ODS side. All that to say, even if you turn off both disconnects you will still have a parasitic drain on the batteries without disconnecting the negative cable from the battery/battery box itself. I purchased a knife style disconnect which I put on the negative post of the battery box so I can switch the batteries on/off easily without disconnecting the cables. Just wanted to make sure you understood what the disconnects do. HTH.
RMcNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:29 AM   #28
gwdcamping

M.O.C. #27583
Could you post the video link for other to learn from
gwdcamping is offline   Reply With Quote