Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
Power Recliner Stopped Working

This weekend we were camping and DW was lounging in her half of the theater seats, napping. When she went to roll the chair back, it wouldn't work. I checked the power plug, and the power supply, which did have a green light. I unplugged it for 10 seconds or so, replugged, nothing. I then crawled under the chair and reset as many plugs as I could find. Still nothing. I checked the USB port between the 2 switches and it didn't have power either. So, my thoughts are that either there is a broken wire in the wire loom, or something is unplugged inside the chair's arm. Which is tightly sealed.

And of course when the recliner is out, the slide can't come back in. So I wound up using a 1/2" socket and removing the arms that connect the chair mechanism to the jack screw so I could fold it up. I have a call in to the dealer, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Anyone experience this kind of problem before?

Snowy
dlscott185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
I haven't, but am curious about the fix
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
powerhaulic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20884
RH chair in our '18 has stopped working, have checked supply voltage up to the controller 26v as I recall. Have not had time to diagnose further.
Lippert AirRide pinbox / PullRite SuperLight hitch
powerhaulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:47 AM   #4
brogans424
Established Member

M.O.C. #23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott185 View Post
This weekend we were camping and DW was lounging in her half of the theater seats, napping. When she went to roll the chair back, it wouldn't work. I checked the power plug, and the power supply, which did have a green light. I unplugged it for 10 seconds or so, replugged, nothing. I then crawled under the chair and reset as many plugs as I could find. Still nothing. I checked the USB port between the 2 switches and it didn't have power either. So, my thoughts are that either there is a broken wire in the wire loom, or something is unplugged inside the chair's arm. Which is tightly sealed.

And of course when the recliner is out, the slide can't come back in. So I wound up using a 1/2" socket and removing the arms that connect the chair mechanism to the jack screw so I could fold it up. I have a call in to the dealer, but haven't heard back from him yet.

We are having the same experience with the electric recliners in our 2019 Montana 3121rl. Did you ever get the problem figured out?
brogans424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #5
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott185 View Post

Dale, I just had to replace both control boxes for both recliners. One chair all of a sudden would not move, and both LED light strips on the bottom stopped working. Our chairs, by Lippert, have the controls on the side of the armrest. I flipped the chairs over and checked all connections, and they were fine. I unscrewed the primary control push button switch from the armrest, and it's just a single cable that goes down and plugs into the main control box, that was fine too. I called Lippert and they diagnosed it as a faulty control boxes that everything plugs into. Cost for each box is $19.00 for our particular model. Put the new boxes in and presto, everything works again. Give Lippert a call, customer support: (574) 537-8900
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote