Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2023, 09:40 AM   #1
emonnie
Established Member

M.O.C. #11743
Good BYE

I sit here with a heavy heart. About 10 minutes ago my Monty just pulled of my driveway to its new owner. This is the first time in 61 years that I have been without a camping or travel setup. We may yet buy a smaller rig to use but time will tell. I close for now with tears in my eyes as we so loved our Monty. I want to thank all you kind folk for all the help and tips offered to us amateurs.
I will keep this forum up and running as it is so informative.
Thanks
Ed

emonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 09:49 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
It's great you were able to go so many years enjoying the RV lifestyle. Let's hope you can continue to do so in your future too.

For all of us, time changes things. And, as our needs change, our lifestyles change also. But each event in our lives is a precious memory and hopefully you have racked up lots and lots of wonderful camping and traveling memories that will keep a gleam in your eye, always.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 02:27 PM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
So sorry you had to sell your beautiful camper. Stick around.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 05:12 PM   #4
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
It's funny how emotional attached we get to this second home. Or only home for some. I miss my Monty when it's at the shop for repairs. It's sad looking at the empty hole in my driveway. It's turned into a very expensive late stage in life hobby. Ed, sorry for your loss, but look at all the happy memories it created.
Old 08-25-2023, 05:28 PM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I know how you feel. We sold ours 2 years ago. Just were not able to use it enough to justify the expense of storage. Still miss it. So many fun times.

Make the best of this next phase of your life. And hang around. They still let me in.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 05:08 PM   #6
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Sorry you had to let go of your rig. We still travel between the three of ours and our house in Mexico. We decided to end our 5 winter months after this coming trip. We will have a sad time saying goodbye to our family on Mexico. Like you feel you are doing with our family here.
Please stick around, as BB_TX does. Lots to see here and you can still be part of the “family”!
Maybe find a piece of land to put a fiver on and vacation there?
Byron B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:29 AM   #7
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
DW and I are approaching the time when we will be deciding the next stage.
As snowbirds, we have enjoyed our years traveling south during the cold times. We stopped hauling the rig north for the summer 2 years ago. Next decision will be do we sell it while it still has value or just leave it on it's site to use in the winter. Either way, we will still travel south in the winter to see our grandchildren.

We all face life changes with aging and health issues that we all eventually experience. As has been said here, we need to focus on the wonderful memories we have of the RV life.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote