Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #1
just doug

M.O.C. #26707
New 2021 Montana 3761FL Legacy Edition, both black tank flush valves blocked.

Just purchased a new 2021 3761FL Legacy Edition. Every coach I've owned has had it's initial issues but this one seems to have a few more than normal, which left me surprised. It's my first Montana after several Cougars and I assumed it would have been built to a different standard. Things like loose trim pieces, microwave rattles loudly when using, broken chair, front AC unit broken etc, bubbled flooring, missing vacuum attachments and hose kit etc. Nothing that can't be dealt with via warranty but frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, the major issue I'm having is with the lack tank flush. On both front and rear black tank, when I connect a hose I get no flow, like both connections are blocked. I've read that there is a vacuum check type valve somewhere in the coach that sometimes fail...but both failed from the factory seems tough to believe. Could both have been installed backwards? Does anyone know where to locate these valves?

Also, if anyone has experience with the residential refrigerator....after three days ours didn't make a single cube of ice. in the manual, on a sticker in the refrigerator, and on a sticker under the kitchen sink it references a water valve that may need to be open. There is no valve that I could find and I checked everywhere under the sink and related cabinetry. If anyone else has found this valve or knows what could be the issue advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

just doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Backflow device is usually under the bathroom sink, but can be in a wall sometimes. Some rigs have two valves for the ice machine. Usually one under the sink and one under a drawer or in the cabinet next to the frig.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Our 3121 has two fridge valves.

First is kind of tucked up behind the kitchen sink. Ours T's off the kitchen sink cold supply line. The other was behind a panel in the back of the cabinet between the kitchen stove and fridge.

Our back flow valve is under the bathroom sink.
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #4
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Ours is like the above. As far as 2 not working....well, they may have been installed by the same guy that didn't know which direction the water flowed..

The backflow preventer is under our bathroom sink. If you have 2 it may be under that sink as well. I'm not familiar with your trailer but I have a friend that bought a new Big Horn and his backflow was backwards as well. They had to cut the wall out to get to it....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote