Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
KiwiRVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9832
Splendide Washer/Dryer Problem

Like the refigerator problem this one doesn't make sense either. the Splendide washer/dryer seems to operate OK but will not drain the water or spin. I have gone through all the fixes suggested by the manual but no joy.

Anyone encountered this problem?

thanks
Craig

KiwiRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
One other MOC member had problems. They got great support from their service center over the telephone. I suggest you call them for help.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Welcome back.How long has it been since you cleaned the water filter down below?
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
KiwiRVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9832
I will try customer support tomorrow. I cleaned the filter along with all the other suggestions in the manual but the thing just sits there with the control knob, every now and then, doing 20 continuous cycles on its own. Very strange.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Two weeks ago, my Splendide died. I called the service tech department that's listed in the Splendide booklet and received excellent help. Although my machine still needs a repair, which it will get at the Splendide service center in Clackamas, Oregon, next month, the tech did walk me through draining the water from the tub so that the door would unlock and I could get my wet clothing out before it mildewed. I can't praise the Spendide tech help enough: courteous, patient, knowledgeable, and easy to understand.

By the way, local tech help for repairs is available in many places, but for us, living in a rural part of Montana, it involved taking our Monty to one of only 2 Splendide tech service places in our state, one in Bozeman (2+ hours away) and one in Billings (4+ hours away). We'd have to leave our rig while the problem was diagnosed and parts were ordered for the repair. Since we are fulltimers and I'm still teaching school at the moment, leaving the rig in another town that far from our temporary home base for a week or so wasn't feasible. However, since we are going to be in Oregon in June, we just arranged our plans so that we can stop by the Clackamas service center before we head home from our trip. The tech said he could get us in and out on the same day if we'd make an appointment 4 or 5 days in advance.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KiwiRVer

but the thing just sits there with the control knob, every now and then, doing 20 continuous cycles on its own. Very strange.
Exactly what ours was doing and called an RV tech to get it repaired. When I described the problem to him he suggested that I could probably save some money if I pulled the unit and checked the belt. Sure enough, it had somehow come off during a high vibration cycle. Managed to get it back on (not that difficult!) and all was well. Good luck....
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

One other MOC member had problems. They got great support from their service center over the telephone. I suggest you call them for help.
Good advice, they are very helpful.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
KiwiRVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9832
Update!

Firstly thank you all for your advice. I called Splendide customer service and they diagnosed a pump problem, either a failed pump or a cable had fallen off. The cost of a replacement pump was $140 plus shipping so I decided to have a look at it myself. I turned the unit on its side and removed the bottom plate from where the pump was accessible. First I applied 110V to the terminals and nothing happened so I pulled it out and pulled it apart. The inside had quite a bit of water around the rotor part so I dried it all out and put it back together.

After re-assembly I ran another cycle and it now seems to be working again.

Cheers
Craig

Old 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
If Wayne and I weren't so old and decrepit, the Splendide tech would have happily walked us through the belt check and pump check. However, Wayne had just had surgery 2 days before the Splendide stopped and can't lift anything for 6 weeks, and I can't haul that machine out of its cubbyhole in the corner, behind a short ledge and under the TV, to see what might have gone wrong behind it. The tech did say the belt might have come off (quite possible, since the machine did rock and roll the last time I used it), or that the pump might be bad. But--we couldn't get the machine out to look at it. Even worse, since my machine does nothing but click while the lights glow, it's possible the motor is bad.

I'm glad you found your problem. If you love your machine like I love mine, I know you missed it when it was broken .

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote