Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2020, 09:55 PM   #61
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Now the cable driven bed room slide gear box....

dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:58 PM   #62
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Fixed gear box.. now popping again.. Looking at other 5vers now..
Looked at an 18 Landmark PHOENIX.... 43 feet.. Beautiful.GUESS WHO THE PARENT COMPANY IS?... 15 grand out of my pocket to get out of ours... Also looked at a Solitude.. 2019..
In the past month spent 300 on alignment, 900 on tires, 850 on slide 1, 500 on slide 2, 300 to repair black tank, 100 to replace ,axle bolts.. Now the swipe seals are torn.. 5 years old..Fireplace at times wont turn off unless i bang it with my hand. While changing the tires out, they jacked up the trailer via the rubber spring on the mor ryde 4000 spreading the steel ears apart. The repair shop who fixed the paint put ladder up against awning bending tube and putting holes in it. They also took the air hose for the spray gun and yanked two vent caps off.. We have really tried to repair this rv. But sometimes like 2 people in a marriage its time to get a divorce.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #63
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
Fixed gear box.. now popping again.. Looking at other 5vers now..
Looked at an 18 Landmark PHOENIX.... 43 feet.. Beautiful.GUESS WHO THE PARENT COMPANY IS?... 15 grand out of my pocket to get out of ours... Also looked at a Solitude.. 2019..
In the past month spent 300 on alignment, 900 on tires, 850 on slide 1, 500 on slide 2, 300 to repair black tank, 100 to replace ,axle bolts.. Now the swipe seals are torn.. 5 years old..Fireplace at times wont turn off unless i bang it with my hand. While changing the tires out, they jacked up the trailer via the rubber spring on the mor ryde 4000 spreading the steel ears apart. The repair shop who fixed the paint put ladder up against awning bending tube and putting holes in it. They also took the air hose for the spray gun and yanked two vent caps off.. We have really tried to repair this rv. But sometimes like 2 people in a marriage its time to get a divorce.
Dfb, if you want my personal opinion you need to go backwards in time and purchase a very well taking care of older unit something around 2010 to 12 or so. One of the Hickory Editions. Sure they don't have all the new bells and whistles but who needs all that fancy stuff to break anyway
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:43 AM   #64
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
Dfb, if you want my personal opinion you need to go backwards in time and purchase a very well taking care of older unit something around 2010 to 12 or so. One of the Hickory Editions. Sure they don't have all the new bells and whistles but who needs all that fancy stuff to break anyway
Thank you.. we are going to have to do something if we want to continue to rv..May try to sell on or own... Even my poor wife who is an optimistic person is wanting to look at others..Went to a dealer yesterday and she fell in love with another Montana..
Old 09-17-2020, 12:50 PM   #65
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I would get rid of it and cut my loses.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:20 PM   #66
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl View Post
I would get rid of it and cut my loses.
Yes... sounds like what we are looking into..went looking again today..met admin Carl in coos bay.. Good guy..
Old 09-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #67
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
Thank you.. we are going to have to do something if we want to continue to rv..May try to sell on or own... Even my poor wife who is an optimistic person is wanting to look at others..Went to a dealer yesterday and she fell in love with another Montana..
If it's a High Country Montana I would stay away from it. Even if it's not a High Country but a newer regular Montana I would stay away from it.

Look at all the threads and posts about the new er units and all the problems and issues they're having.

I found a replacement fifth wheel for a buddy of mine. His fifth wheel was destroyed by squirrels. Found him a 2010 Montana 3150rl. Absolutely pristine perfect interior. Outside not so much decals cracked up but otherwise in pretty good shape. The big difference is it only cost him $16,000
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:38 PM   #68
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
If it's a High Country Montana I would stay away from it. Even if it's not a High Country but a newer regular Montana I would stay away from it.

Look at all the threads and posts about the new er units and all the problems and issues they're having.

I found a replacement fifth wheel for a buddy of mine. His fifth wheel was destroyed by squirrels. Found him a 2010 Montana 3150rl. Absolutely pristine perfect interior. Outside not so much decals cracked up but otherwise in pretty good shape. The big difference is it only cost him $16,000
Used looks better and better..
Old 09-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #69
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have been very fortunate with our two Montana's a 2006 3400 and a 2013 3402. We have had problems with both of them but none that compare with the problems that you and other have had. The worst we can think of was a kitchen slide that ground up both gears and two failed Lippert hydraulic jacks. We also had frame flex on the 06 3400 . We carried ESP plans and suffered no large financial loss. We have been long timers and use the Montana's hard. We have logged over 100K miles total. I think that the two additions that helped are the Mor Ryde IS system that we had on both Montana's and the trailer saver BD3 hitch. We are heavy on routine maintenance.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote