Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Bearing Replacement Tomorrow

There appear to be tons of threads on this process all over the MOC and internet (YouTube). So many different option and opinions.

1st: Jacking it up. Do we do a single tire at a time using one jack under the axle u bolts (not what Dexter says) or lift the intire 5r up on the 6 point hydraulic levelers (I don't know how). Clearly it will be safest to have the 5r connected to the TV when doing this. I'm on a flat concrete covered pad at home.

2nd: Take off the tires and hubs, clean and remove bearings. Install new races and greased bearings and seals. Clean and inspect all brake components. reinstall hubs. Torque spindle nut per Dexter.

3rd: Tires back on and torque lug nuts 3 times at various levels per Dexter.

I'm avoiding using the EZ-Lube process and hand lubing the bearings with Dexter recommended grease.

The part I'm the least clear on is getting the 5r up high enough using the Level-Up?? Several LCI pdf files do not seem to address this manual lifting of the 5r using the Level-Up interface. Any help here would be appreciated.