Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #21
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8.1al

There are only so many manufacturers of graphic materials so there is no guarantee that the custom graphics won't have the same problem.
I found a graffics desiner that guarintees his decals not to peel for I believe 6 or 8 years he said.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Forget Keystone. Deal directly with Burlington Gaphics. Some of the peeling problem have to do with how we maintain the graphics... NEVER wax them,,,,,like NEVER. That is what the folks who manufacturer the graphics say. My 06 3400 graphics... winters in AZ and florda , Summers in the hot Ohio sun,,are not peeling. We wax nothing..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:39 AM   #23
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Forget Keystone. Deal directly with Burlington Gaphics. Some of the peeling problem have to do with how we maintain the graphics... NEVER wax them,,,,,like NEVER. That is what the folks who manufacturer the graphics say. My 06 3400 graphics... winters in AZ and florda , Summers in the hot Ohio sun,,are not peeling. We wax nothing..
I think to a point I will agree Rich, maybe the material that the graffic's companies are using have that problem (China Products), I have had Field & Stream, Komfort, Fleetwood, Terrry, and now Montana, out of all those RV's, Keystone RV's seem to be the big problem in the industry conserning graffics, even the companies that do graffics know that Keystone has a problem after I have talked to them and they find out what type RV I have. as for waxing the graffics maybe Keystone's vendor Burlington Gaphics tell us not to wax because they know they have this problem of curling and shrinkage, I used to wash and wax all my prevous RV's and never had a problem that I am with the Monty. I always compair other RV's when I'm on the road and when at campgrounds I'll ask other owners if they have a problem, and not saying I did a survey but the percentage of RVer asked about 80% had no problems. I go to storage lots and look at all brands of RV's old and new with no peeling or shrinking, just loss of color on the old RV's.
I think all of us when we got our new Montana waxed them, and the manufacture never stated anything about the use of non petrolium waxes untill it became apparent they had a problem a few years back.
I'm shutting my mouth now sorry if I have bored anybody with my rambeling.

Don
Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #24
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Good luck with "burlington"I have e-mailed them and called them,I can`t count the number of times.I get no replies on either way.Are they still in bussiness?????Because they sure don`t want to take my money.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A lot of these companies have laid off many workers due to the horrible economic conditions in the RV industries. Service has suffered.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote