Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2019, 05:26 AM   #1
ctwebb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13637
Best automatic "portable" satellite?

Hi all, It is time to upgrade my winegard carryout. It seams to be taking longer to transfer when changing from 110 to 119 or 129. I already have a couple of extra wallys that are on my home plan. The unit must be portable, I'm not interested in a permanent mounted dish. Ive noticed the winegard G2 and G3 are more expensive than the tailgater. which dish would be the most dependable?

Thanks
Chris

ctwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We use two Winegard G2+'s and they have given us no problems over the years. They provide their own power so you can run longer cable and what problems we've had were always the Wally.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
The pathway X2 with the 211z receivers work well for us. The wally receiver is popular but not necessarily the best but will work fine. The X2 is larger and a bit more delicate than most antennas but the reception is hard to beat. It also does well all across the US as it receives signals from both arcs.