Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Tireco update

I received a call from Terri at Tireco yesterday. About our luck; they say only one of our five Missions is defective, even though they all bear the same DOT info. Of course, the only one defective is the one that blew. (Yep, and I heard about that beach front property for sale in Arizona.) I had been waiting to see what they would do before filing with the NHTSA as I didn't want to cut the nose off to spite the face. I will now pursue a complaint with them. I will also attempt to file a complaint the BBB where they operate. I would consider small claims court if they had an outlet in TX, but I think that eliminates that possibility.

Not to cast a bad light on Terri, as she is extremely nice. I realize she is not the one making the decisions. I did explain to her that I was not happy with their decision on the tires though. I would expect it has become quite expensive for them to refund tire costs. I didn't ask her if they would send me replacement tires. I simply don't want more imported tires. I have no use for them, and sure wouldn't want to sell or give them to someone else. The way our luck is running, one would blow and I would have to assume liability for resulting damage.

Oh well, lots of folks have a lot worse luck than we do. I'm thankful the tire failure was no worse than it was. We simply will not buy another vehicle or trailer of any kind with Chinese tires.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
While I agree with your thinking on Chinese tires, my observation is that it is hard, if not impossible, to find a trailer that does not have Chinese tires. So far, we have not been hearing of bad problems with the "made in China" Goodyear tires that are on the current crop of Montanas (at least they were the last time I looked).

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
You could make dock bumpers out of them. They would probably rot or fall apart in a years time for sure.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Five(5) new Freestar tires arrived here yesterday from Tireco for our late 2006 3400RL free of charge. Tires look pretty good. We were not home when they arrived. No note no nothing about returning the old Missions. Now I need to find tire shop to get the 5 tires swapped and balanced on the rims. I'll do the removal and mounting on the RV myself to avoid uprooting the RV from it's winter spot in the RV Resort. So far so good.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote