Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
No TV signal from outside

WOW!!!! there is a lot of coax in there. The analytical troubleshooting courses I took really came in handy. The dealer even helped, can you believe it. I mentioned to him I needed to buy about 50' of coax to reach my Monty from the house. He asked me if I had a VCR. I said the things we use to put tapes in. The funny part is I had one packed away in the basement. He said use that for your signal. So i dug it out hooked it up AND IT WORKED. I connected it to the outside connection turned on the tv and no signal. So i started at the TV direct from the vcr. I got a signal. So i worked my way away from the TV, everything worked to the faceplate . When i took the faceplate of at the wall to make sure the connection was tight i noticed the wire was white not black. So the wire from the outside doesn't come here first.
I then went to the bedroom behind the TV. To make a really long story short. I made all the connection to isolate the splitter/ booster setup. everything worked. Now I know it's the
booster area connections. I then narrowed it down to the WHITE wire, the only white wire.
I cut the connector off put a new one on and hooked it up. Pushed play on the YES VCR and watch the movie on my Living room TV.

By the way the movie was Fluke. It was pretty good.

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Congratulations. Trouble shooting someone else's wiring is fun. Glad you got it working. I have done the same thing with many loose connectors.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:15 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I've had a few loose screws to fix in the past -- oh! That's another topic!

Having been there done that type of thing I know how frustrating it can be trying to solve that type of problem. I'm glad you didn't ask for help. I would have suggested you stand on the roof with an antenna with a coax feed directly to the tv, and a cell phone. Your wife could call you when the antenna needed to be rotated. After all, isn't the tv for her?

Great job.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:27 AM   #4
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
that's what I tell her Waynem. She's really starting to like sports.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote