Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Shower leaking from underneath onto the floor

Have you had any issues with the shower leaking water from underneath the shower? We have a 2020 3931FB Montana Fifth Wheel.

It doesn't happen every shower, but again this morning after getting out of the shower, I was putting on makeup and turned and saw water running again from underneath the shower down to the corner of the wall. The water is not sitting there when I get out...only after a few minutes of being out of the shower.

We have the rig leaning a little that way to make sure the A/C water runs off the top of the rig on that side, so that is why I think we are seeing the water coming from under the shower. If we weren't leaning some, it would probably just be sitting under the shower and we wouldn't know about it.

We have checked the faucet and did find a problem there, but fixed it. But, it is still leaking from under the shower. The top walls of the shower have NO caulking at all, so we didn't know if some overspray might be getting in those cracks, running down the wall and then under the shower to the floor? The drain still looks completely sealed from underneath too....don't see any water there either.

My husband is disabled so doing a whole lot of maintenance on the shower for him is not possible. I have contacted Camping World service department since we are still under warranty, but haven't heard back yet.

Any ideas??? We don't want water sitting under the shower and possibly rotting the floor...or even worse...causing mold to grow.

greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
We had this same problem on our 2017 3721RL. I removed the faucet from the wall but could see no issues, but saw that the silver mounting that holds the taps is not a sealed unit and I suspect water was getting into this and then through the hole in the wall and down on to the floor under the shower. I put the whole mechanism back and caulked all around backing plate and all round the silver mounting including around where the hose goes into the top. Problem solved! No more water appearing under the shower.
watsonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:23 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You seem to be on the right track. If there's not a crack in the shower pan and no seams that could be open in the shower enclosure then caulking the top and making absolutely certain the the drain is seated and caulked properly would be the next things to try. I'd also caulk around the water controls as suggested above. Shouldn't have happened, but make sure the drain holes in the door holder all point to the shower and not out in the bathroom. One other thing that can happen would be if the leak happens following flushing the black tank since the backflow preventer is often in the bathroom and is known to leak on occasion.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #4
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
You seem to be on the right track. If there's not a crack in the shower pan and no seams that could be open in the shower enclosure then caulking the top and making absolutely certain the the drain is seated and caulked properly would be the next things to try. I'd also caulk around the water controls as suggested above. Shouldn't have happened, but make sure the drain holes in the door holder all point to the shower and not out in the bathroom. One other thing that can happen would be if the leak happens following flushing the black tank since the backflow preventer is often in the bathroom and is known to leak on occasion.
Thank you.
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote