Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2006, 03:00 AM   #21
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Pretty much leave everything in it, canned goods, linens, cleaning products, pots, pans, dishes, books to read in the future, tools, etc etc etc. Have duplicates on clothes, usually leave most of the clothes in Tana. A few things, like winter coats, we only have one of, but, most things we have enough to leave some in Tana and some in the house. Lets face it, most of us have more than enough clothes.

Take Out: Stuff from frig and anything foodwise that would spoil, we seldom make trips that are less than 7 days, so we have longer at home stays now. We go out for longer, and stay home longer in between. When we went out 2 times a month for weekends, when Al was working, we left frig plugged in all the time loaded with staples, ketchup for hot dogs, stuff like that.

Try not to borrow from Tana, too easy to forget to replace, old timers leaky brain what it is!

Take Out: Dog gear and food, too much of it and way toooooo much $$ to have duplicates. Computers and camera gear. Research and craft projects that need to be finished or worked on before the next trip out with Tana. Oh, and the plants go back in the house too.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
I have pots, pans, towels, sheets, etc that stay in the trailer all year round. During the camping season I keep everything except perishables in the 5er. I take the things from the rerigerator and put them in the one we have in the basement in a plastic tub and just take that with me when we leave. I make a list of canned goods, etc that I put in in the spring and take it home after camping--that way I have a list of what is in there and can add if I need to. when we winterize I bring in everything that could freeze but leave the spices,tea bags, coffee, etc in the trailer. (everything is in plastic containers). When we start going more often we will probably leave the refer on between trips--now we have our son turn it on the day before we leave (it is parked on his acerage) I have plastic tubs in the basement of the stick house so after I do laundry or wash food containers in the stick house I just put those things in the "trailer tubs" so they don't get left behind for the next trip .
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #23
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
About the only thing we take out of the Monty is our laptop computerand perishable foods.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #24
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
We aren't going to be able to get our Montana/Big Sky until late this Spring, but for Christmas I gave DH a complete wardrobe (with duplicates of the clothes he most often wears) just for the 5er. My sister gave us towels and kitchen towels etc. just for the 5er. So I guess we're planning to be able to take off on the spur of the moment, too. Very timely and helpful discussion. Happy New Year to everyone. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #25
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Sue,
I like the idea of the duplicate clothes. I'm always saying I'm going to do that. But so far, I'm always trading things from the Monty and the house. I do have duplicates on just about everything else. Al is good about leaving clothes in the Monty. It seems he always has less to pack than I do.
Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Nita,
We use to have duplicates of at least "camping" clothes that we left in the rig. This way you don't have to think about so much when you take off. Clothes are on my stocking list that we use to make sure we have everything. Now...................we are going to have everything there and getting rid of clothes is my biggest headache right now.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #27
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Something you definately want to take out of the Monty over the winter is canned goods. I puled out an expired jar of mayo last weekend when we ran out in the stick house.
Watch out for those experation dates.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote