Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2004, 04:08 AM   #21
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
OMG, I don't want to even think about what it would have been like if you hadn't cleaned out the black tank! YIKES!!!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steves

Never, never ,never leave the black tank clean out hose attached and ask your wife to turn out the water!

Was under the bathroom sink fixing leak. I asked Betty to go turn the water back on to the trailer. I had previously dumped my tanks and cleaned out the black tank and left the hose attached to a second connection. She turned the water back on - Both connections. Leak was stopped and we went next door to have dinner with our friends. Half way through dinner someone says I hear water running and then some one says theres water coming out of your basement!

Lesson learned the hard way!!! Thankful that I had just cleaned the black tank!

Steve

Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #22
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Memo to self:

1.Buy silk plants
2.Turn off water when gone for extended periods
3.Be sure black tank is empty before attempting plumbing repair
4.Avoid having blow-outs
5.Thank MOC friends for sharing so hopefully I won't go and do same
6.Promise to report my things I never should have done
7.Mention that when we owned a RoadTrek they had a member list which was generated once a year and sent to registered members only. It was a great asset
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:12 AM   #23
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Bowie,

A great summarization of this thread! I laughed out loud! Not at our troubles, but at your memo!

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:45 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Great list, Bill and Pat! I'd be interested in any ideas for accomplishing #4, though! One might be to check air pressure frequently. Another, for me at least, might be to avoid Goodyear Marathon tires. Or maybe just catch the defects early. On our Montana we've had three of those tires go seriously defective but caught all of them before they blew. On our Jayco Eagle, however, we blew one at highway speeds and were just lucky to have no other damage. So if you have ideas, I sure would like to hear them!!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:13 PM   #25
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Hi Steve--If we really had the sure cure for #4 we could retire tomorrow. But since we don't guess that we'll just have to do what everyone else is doing--inspect inspect inspect maintain maintain maintain and then say a prayer every morning before we head out on the road. Here's to safe travels for all of us!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:22 AM   #26
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I'd like to add one more thing to the list of things you NEVER ever want to do.

NEVER forget to check your lugnuts. I check them before every movement of the rig. Reason: We lost an entire wheel in 2002. I had been religiously checking the lugnuts but for some reason or other (senior moment[s]) I hadn't done it for about 1000 miles. Repair facility told me that aluminum wheels have a tendency for the lugnuts to work loose. BTW Keystone repaired the damage done by the loss of the wheel at no cost to me when I had some cracks repaired around the slideouts.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote