Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
FLY THE FLAG CAMPAIGN SEPTEMBER 11, 2012

Tomarrow, 9-11-12, I will again be flying my American flag with all 2,819 names (to include the 343 Firefighters) on it from the 9/11 attacks. Please join me in flying your American flag tomorrow.

FLY THE FLAG CAMPAIGN SEPTEMBER 11, 2012

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this email immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to also forward it.

We need to get the word out all across this great land and into every community in the United States of America. If you forward this email to least 11 people and each of those people do the same...you get the idea.

THE PROGRAM IS THIS:

On Tuesday, September 11th, 2012, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States.

Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this eleventh anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, and friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan:

So, here's what we need you to do...

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation.

God Bless You and God Bless America

Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
My flag is up every day.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Flag is flying everyday, all day and night (illuminated) and always will be until the day they plant my sorry butt!

and as is the case will remind all that I see to fly theirs tomorrow at half staff....

GOD Bless America!

Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Every day, rain or shine!
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Flag day is every day for us!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Every day rain or shine for us too. Do you lower it to half mast on 9/11??? I can't remember the protocol. I know we did the year that it happened but can't remember after that.

Thanks for reminding everyone just how important this is!

On a side note...when we moved into this small neighborhood we were the only ones who had a flag pole and a flag with a light on it(and still are). One neighbor, who thankfully moved shortly thereafter, asked us 'Why are you flying the American flag? Isn't that what schools do?' I wanted to smack him, but I didn't! I politely explained that we proudly fly the flag EVERY DAY rain or shine to honor those service men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, for all of the veterans who have fought for our freedom, and for those who continue to serve so that they know we support them. We told him that my father is a Korean War veteran, my brother is a vet, my brother-in-law served in Afghanistan and we want to honor all of them! I think he realized that it wasn't just a yard decoration for us!!!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
I too, fly my flag every day. A reminder, if you are going to fly it, please do so correctly. When hung vertically, the stars should be in the upper left corner, not the upper right corner. Upper left meaning if being placed against a building the stars are in the viewer's upper left when seen from the street.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The flag flies here at the S&B every day.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
This is a pic of the maltese cross on the trunk of my bike. It has the names of every fire fighter that died that day on it. So no, I will NOT forget. They ride with me every day. I was a volunteer fire fighter for 20 years in Pa. and I was at the crash site of Flight 93 the following day setting up telephone communications for all the agencys and helping to set up the morgue. There was no need for the morgue there was not much left. To this day my mind has a hard time comprehending that there was a jet airliner with 44 people on it somewhere in that pile of churned up smoking dirt. No, I won't forget nor will I forgive.

steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Yep. 24/7/365 here, lighted at night.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
My flag PROUDLY waves everyday at our house and when we are camping I have one flying on the Montana also. Also have 2 Maltese Crosses on the back window of my truck too. Being a Career Firefighter for over 30 years I will always remember my 343 Brothers lost that day.

God Bless America and keep all of Our Troops Safe!!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
We have two sets of firefighters that live in our neighborhood and we thank them all of the time for their service. They came to me one day and told me how much they appreciated that and the fact that we fly our flag!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote