Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #21
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I had the same problem with my early 08 3000RK. The dealer ran new coax from the bedroom tv down through the basement to the living room tv. It now works good, however he told me if I ever use a dish I will have to have it rewired again. I have two black wires behind the bedroom tv to are disconnected now. When inquiring here a few months ago I found that the tv coax seems to be a fairly common problem.
Good luck.

grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
OK, folks...I want to record a football game tomorrow...I'm in a CG with cable...great reception in the bedroom, lousy in the living room. I checked the antenna amp, it was off. I pulled the bedroom cable plate & switched the antenna and the set2, no picture in living room. Next, I swapped the coax in the bedroom using the set1 jack that was for the bedroom and fed it to set2 in the living room. I had a great picture in the living room. I switched them back and now have a great picture on both.

I don't understand electronics well enough but could there have been some sort of resistance causing the poor picture?

Recently, I added a 2nd sat receiver to our dish. As long as the 2nd sat receiver was connected to the coax, I had picture on set 1. The minute I disconnected the coax or unplugged the sat2 receiver, I lost picture on set 1. Called the sat installer....he said they run into that all the time...the simple fix was to unplug 1st sat receiver and plug it back in. After that, everything was fine.

Could the situation with the Monte be similar???
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote