Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
janefromtexas
Established Member

M.O.C. #6975
Kitchen Sink Faucet Locks Up

Our kitchen faucet occasionally "locks up," and the water won't run out at all. When we go and turn the bathroom faucet on, it's as if it relieves the pressure and the kitchen faucet begins to work. This happens whether we have the pressure regulator on or not. Has anyone had this happen and/or know of a solution? Thanks so much!

janefromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Go to Home Depot and get a good faucet. JMHO
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Sounds as if the "check valve" is going bad.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Janefromtexas, not that I could offer advice on your problem, but, it might help to state the year and model of your Montana so others may be able to offer a better solution....Not sure going to Home Depot to get a new faucet is a valid solution....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
janefromtexas
Established Member

M.O.C. #6975
Thanks HamRad...we have a 2008 3400RL. We can deal with it...as aforementioned...but were just looking for a better solution. This is a bit less to deal with than the factory tires...not fun! We appreciate the response.
janefromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Here is a couple of things to check. First make sure you have water @ the kitchen stops(turn off stops disconnect faucet have bucket ready then turn stop on to verify water flow), you could have no water @ the kithen and as soon as you turn the tub valve on water bleeds back through the hot or cold side. Another thought would be trash in the line and as soon as the tub valve is turned on the pressure drop could allow the trash to pass allowing flow. Since we us a garden type hose as a main waterline anything is possible. Also if it is a hot water only problem, the check your Water Heater supply/bypass valve. Steve
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Had the same thing happen with my 2008 3400RL. Turning the bathroom sink on then the kitchen would solve the problem. It only happened twice, and never again. Also, I don't remember if I turned the pump on, or just was using city water. I have since bought a water pressure regulator with a gauge on it to measure pressure. If it is below 40 I figure I might have a problem.

There is nothing I did to alleviate it except to do as you did and the problem went away.

Edited: You didn't buy my old 3400RL did you?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We had the identical problem in our 2007 3585SA. The culprit turned out to be the sprayer valve or whatever it is that switches the faucet from a stream to a spray. It wouldn't seat properly, shutting off the water entirely. Why turning on the bathroom faucet "unfroze" it is a mystery, but that's what we had to do until we had the faucet replaced.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote