Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
John and Carol
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6294
King Size Bed

Today we purchased a 10th Anniversary 3000RK. It should be here in about a week. We will probably have lots of questions in the coming weeks. Today's is simple. Does anyone know the dimensions of the king size bed? I want to buy sheets before the unit arrives. We are really excited about the new rig.

John and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Our king size measures 6'6" long; 2" shy of 6' across.
Congrats on the new rig!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It is smaller than a standard King. Particularly, it is shorter. We didn't find any ready made that fit as well as we wanted. Additionally, we added a 3" thermofoam topper to it because it OEM mattress is insufferable. Others have replaced the OEM with a custom fitted mattress of higher quality.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
We also purchased a 3" memory foam topper for the king size bed in "Bella" and I use the same king size sheets as those at our stick house. They are deep pocket fitted sheets and they fit nicely on the RV mattress with the topper. The mattress leaves a lot to be desired without a topper. One day, when money is no object (hey, one can dream!) i would love to replace the OEM mattress with a tempurpedic like we have at home, but the topper seems to do the trick (at least for short stays...don't know if I'd have the same opinion for long term (over 2 weeks). I think that the topper not only takes up any slack the difference in size makes as well as keeps things from "slipping and sliding" as well.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Good luck on finding sheets that fit. The king on ours was 72" wide by 79" long as measured by my tape measure. King size is to at 76 x 80" and queen size are to small.

I just did a search on RV SHEETS (CLICK HERE) and this is one site I came up with that we may try.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Congratulations, we looked at the anniversary one but had to cut back a wee bit so got the "early" 08. We love ours, but the remote controlled jacks and awning and the dropped frame with more storage area would be nice. Many happy travels.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I put on 3" memory foam topper for the king size bed. Add alittle comfiness. I just use store bought king size sheets they work great. If you have the store Tuesday Morning around you they have some really good deals on sheets. I like the nicer sheets 800 count +, make foe a nice sleep.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
John and Carol
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6294
Thanks, everyone, for you input. I will save the link on RV sheets, but I will try the home sheets first and see if they work. We found some sheets at CW that included a top sheet with fitted corners at the foot. But they didn't have any in king size. We will wait till the new trailer arrives before we buy anything.

We had wanted to buy an 08, not the 10th Anniversary to save money. But the dealer didn't have any in this floor plan. However, we got a fabulous deal on this one. If you are in California, check out Alpine Recreation in Morgan Hill.
John and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote