Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #21
Montana_440
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #440
We can't make the 3rd wk of Sept ...as they discussed at Pla Mor.There's no way we'll get to Nv that early in the Fall,but we'll help with a mid west rally if we can.Maybe calling camp grounds etc. When the date is set, it'll be easier to make plans.

Montana_440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:57 AM   #22
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Wo we need to do Sept. Maybe we could do it in June or Aug. Last year some said they couldn't make it do to kids in school. If we do it then maybe they could attend. JMHO
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 03:05 PM   #23
Ironman
Established Member

M.O.C. #1703
Send a message via AIM to Ironman Send a message via Yahoo to Ironman
Is there anyone out there interested in getting the Great Lakes Region going or has it been dropped???
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:28 PM   #24
Montana_440
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #440
We'll help if possible, for a mid west rally in Sept. Maybe we just need someone to make the basic plan....date/location & take it from there. Otherwise it's easy to get bogged down in where,when etc.For now, I wouldn't try to coordinate dates with any other rally. After we get thru a couple rallies, with some ppl set to run them & members input into dates,etc....we could then get a regional rally schedule set up. JMO
Old 12-19-2004, 01:54 AM   #25
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
If I Can get some opinions I will start thing rolling.I need to know what everyone is interested in as far as time of year and place, I posted this a while back but have not gotten any feedback form anyone. I think there is a couple of meembers that would be willing to jump in and heip set this up but we need some input from Great Lake region MOC members. So if you are interested in a regional rally give us yopu opinion. May be we can get one of the moderators to set up a poll like they did for the national rally in Reno. Thanks Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:20 AM   #26
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I guess our question is, are we gonna go for a full fledged rally type of gathering, or a long weekend somewhere, like a big family campout, food, campfires, talk, visiting, but no real formal organization.

The first, a full fledged rally takes a lot of work and someone who has time to dedicate to the cause, or a few someones. Have to find vendors, goodie bags, that kind of thing.

A long family type campout weekend could be as simple as pick a weekend (you could even pick a couple of weekends, one in the summer, one in the fall) and pick a campground, announce early enough for MOC members to plan and make reservations, and post a simple schedule, like, Friday night: gather round the campfire with smores and hobo pies, Saturday night: pot luck dinner at 6, campfire to follow, Sunday: pot luck breakfast. Well, you get the idea.

Just our 2 cents worth.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:57 AM   #27
Montana_440
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #440
Maybe a long wk end type would work & we could at that time, set rules...next rally etc.I'll keep an eye out for whatever is decided. We both liked the time/location of the last one.It's not easy to have rallies in summer, ppl stay in with AC.There's a fairgrounds with hook ups in Elkhart & also campgrounds in the Shipshawanna area.Of course,we can choose a different state if you all would rather do that.Larry says the Amish meal was worth the drive!
Old 12-19-2004, 03:41 AM   #28
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Carol I agree that a lot of time and effort would be needed for a full blown rally, I was thinking of a long weekend possibly in the spring or fall or both maybe northwest ohio, southeast michigan, or northeastern indiana, if anyone has a campground in mind lets us know. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:30 AM   #29
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We will be following this thread closely as we are very interested in attending something in the fall as we aren't planning on going to Reno. We are also watching the other happening in the Virginia area and northeast in the spring or summer.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:17 AM   #30
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Ann

We will be following this thread closely as we are very interested in attending something in the fall as we aren't planning on going to Reno. We are also watching the other happening in the Virginia area and northeast in the spring or summer.
Ditto to Bill and Ann's post.

As we are heading for Reno from the northeast somewhere by the end of August early September, a mid September rally in the Great Lakes Region would work out nicely.
We have attended numerous "rallys" and few had the extras that the Goshen rally had. It is still called a "rally" with just the big family campout, food, campfires, talk, and visiting for 3 or 4 nights. During that time you could have a pot luck breakfast one of the mornings and a pot luck dinner one evening and maybe a campfire each evening. The rest of the time the individuals are on their own to do their thing. Maybe go visit the local attractions or just hang out at the campground.

Having a full blown formal rally is a lot of fun but it is also a lot of work done by a few energetic individuals who really never get to totally enjoy what is going on around them. You don't need scheduled events such as seminars, plant tours, Amish dinners and the like. You also don't need to get vendors involved and door prizes are not needed either. Sure these full blown rallys are nice but they are a bear to put together. Save all that kind of stuff for the BIG National Rally in Reno.

Anyway, With the exception of the California rally we are making every effort to attend every MOC rally in 2005. Quite possibly we could make this a yearly thing.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:47 AM   #31
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Glad to hear of the interest in the Great Lakes Region. There is currently a committee formed to start laying out a fall rally and also to plan some other get togethers earlier in the year. However, due to family obligations, there has been a slight delay in the announcement, please bear with us. The fall Great Lakes Region will include a tour of the factory once again and will be held in such a way to not interfere with the National Rally in Reno. Because of the factory's ability to host, it will probably be in September again, but we are still working out the details. Again, please be patient. Details will follow shortly. We appreciate the offers of help and will be needing your assistance down the road.

Ron Ames
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:28 PM   #32
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Can't wait for the Great Lakes rally to start. We're planning on attending the rally in Reno but there are a lot of things that have to be taken care of with such a long trip. No problems with it being so close to us. Lots of interest here .
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:43 PM   #33
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ron and Terry, Patti and I are planning on attending the Reno rally, BUT would very much like to attend another rally in our region also. We hope when you get the dates set that we can make both events. We will be able to help too, if needed, if nothing more than doing the campfires. Let's keep up the interest on the regional and don't worry so much about the formality, I mean we should make it like a family get-to-gether, make it simple, make it fun!This is only my opinion now, I'm not trying to say what to do, just suggesting. We can have a lot of fun just being together.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #34
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I agree Steve, although the Plant tour takes a bit more organization. The factory has limited the dates possible because of production schedules, so that will give us a narrow window of opportunity. We can look at some of the other ideas as we move forward. I think a lot of people liked the Amish meal and we certainly want to have the evening campfire. Looking forward to it already.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:37 PM   #35
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Happy to hear things are going well to form a Great Lakes Region Club. I agree with others on driving through Chicago. Being from Northern lower Mi we drive up through the U.P. to get to Wisconsin. Would enjoy a long week end campout to test the waters. We will keep an eye on this topic. SEMPER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote