Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2021, 06:29 PM   #1
Mrwoodmin
Established Member

M.O.C. #28937
Icemaker supply.

Hi all, I just bought a 2021 Montana High Country 377FL, trying to find the supply line valves to the icemaker/water dispenser. I understand there is two of them one at the kitchen sink and one somewhere near the fridge?? Any help with the location would be great. Sadly so much went on during the walk thru we overlooked the fridge ice maker.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.25.03 PM.png
Views:	111
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	9400

Mrwoodmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #2
81SHOVELHEAD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28894
On our 2021 295RL Montana High Country 295RL the icemaker water supply line is in bottom cabinet next to fidge .
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:48 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Your fridge appears to be in a slide with the dining table. If I'm correct, look under the slide at the end where the fridge is located and see if you can find the water supply line to the fridge. It should be a flexible hose (mine's white) with a spring attached to the frame underneath the slide. If you can trace that, it may reveal where they hid the second valve.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:04 AM   #4
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
On ours, there is a plastic cover at the floor by the dining table. Remove the cover and there is the valve.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:39 AM   #5
Mrwoodmin
Established Member

M.O.C. #28937
Thanks, I will look tomorrow
Old 06-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I have the 375FL, which is the identical floor plan as yours, but not with the loft above the bedroom. On mine, the refrigerator and dining table are reversed, even though floor plans show them with the refrigerator to the front and table to the back.

Beside the wall of the refrigerator, you should see a black covered plastic box. 2 Robertson head screws will remove it. The valve is behind it.

On mine, there is only 1 valve. I have a drain valve under the main body of the trailer, and I added a second drain line under the slide.

I had to replace the line under the slide because the connection started leaking. All I had to replace at the time was a standard bathroom sink flexible hose. It worked perfectly fine, but it was too long. I ordered the right length and got this one replaced eventually. It was at that time, I added a new drain for the refrigerator under the slide.

This is the main reason why I also make sure I winterize (with pink stuff) the ice maker. That line running from the frame to the inside of the slide and up through the floor is 100% exposed. No insulation, no heat, no nothing. If it's not winterized, that line freezes. I've never found a second shut off valve anywhere in mine in 2 1/2 years of ownership.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:07 PM   #7
Mrwoodmin
Established Member

M.O.C. #28937
Thanks for the reply, I think I’ve found my answer with the reply from this forum. Thanks again
Old 06-30-2021, 05:15 PM   #8
Rbeitz

M.O.C. #21248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I have the 375FL, which is the identical floor plan as yours, but not with the loft above the bedroom. On mine, the refrigerator and dining table are reversed, even though floor plans show them with the refrigerator to the front and table to the back.

Beside the wall of the refrigerator, you should see a black covered plastic box. 2 Robertson head screws will remove it. The valve is behind it.

On mine, there is only 1 valve. I have a drain valve under the main body of the trailer, and I added a second drain line under the slide.

I had to replace the line under the slide because the connection started leaking. All I had to replace at the time was a standard bathroom sink flexible hose. It worked perfectly fine, but it was too long. I ordered the right length and got this one replaced eventually. It was at that time, I added a new drain for the refrigerator under the slide.

This is the main reason why I also make sure I winterize (with pink stuff) the ice maker. That line running from the frame to the inside of the slide and up through the floor is 100% exposed. No insulation, no heat, no nothing. If it's not winterized, that line freezes. I've never found a second shut off valve anywhere in mine in 2 1/2 years of ownership.
I also have the 2018.5 375FL with residential fridge setup and my second shut off valve for the ice maker is under the sink. I could take a picture of it when I am at the coach this weekend if it would help.
Rbeitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:45 PM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeitz View Post
I also have the 2018.5 375FL with residential fridge setup and my second shut off valve for the ice maker is under the sink. I could take a picture of it when I am at the coach this weekend if it would help.
Rbeitz, you made me go look again and yep! I think you are right. At least there is a T on the water line coming up to the sink. One side goes to the sink, the other side goes into a valve and back to the floor. I guess I never noticed it before until now. That would make sense though, because under the kitchen floor there is a cold water drain valve. And where the line come through the trailer frame under the slide, I added another drain at that junction. Easy to remove, it's just a 1/2 inch threaded PVC valve.

So, in the winter, when we are still using water in the camper. I shut off the valve in the sink. Open the drain valve under kitchen floor outside, I can remove the line on the valve by the refrigerator and let it drain.

Thanks.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:10 PM   #10
Rbeitz

M.O.C. #21248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Rbeitz, you made me go look again and yep! I think you are right. At least there is a T on the water line coming up to the sink. One side goes to the sink, the other side goes into a valve and back to the floor. I guess I never noticed it before until now. That would make sense though, because under the kitchen floor there is a cold water drain valve. And where the line come through the trailer frame under the slide, I added another drain at that junction. Easy to remove, it's just a 1/2 inch threaded PVC valve.

So, in the winter, when we are still using water in the camper. I shut off the valve in the sink. Open the drain valve under kitchen floor outside, I can remove the line on the valve by the refrigerator and let it drain.

Thanks.
For winter, I turn off the valve under the sink and open the drain under the trailer that is midway under the kitchen floor. I then go to the outside of the frame and disconnect the flexible line that runs under the slide and let that drain. That seems to let all the water drain from behind the fridge and valve close to the fridge. I also let the ice maker stay on for a few hours to cycle any water that may be left in it. This method has worked for me for three winters now and I have not had to run the pink stuff to the icemaker. So far no freezing, even though we have had some near zero temps for several days at a time.
Rbeitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:48 PM   #11
sstonetx@aol.com

M.O.C. #29604
I just bought a 2018 legacy 3121. I have no idea how to hook up Ice maker. I am not very handy and an older woman, so instruct me like 7 year old.
sstonetx@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #12
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Assuming your unit is plumbed for ice maker already, all you should need to do is turn on the water to the fridge. On my rig, there's a shut off valve under the sink in the island that comes off the cold water side of the sink (blue pipe) and goes back down into the belly.
A second valve is located behind the lower cabinet to the left of the fridge. I had to remove the thin panel at the back of the cabinet to find it. There are 6 or 8 screws holding that panel on.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote