Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2021, 09:22 PM   #1
Drewman
Established Member

M.O.C. #28107
Furrion Camera Funtionality

I purchased a Furrion back up camera and two side cameras when I took delivery of my Montana 3761FL in January. The retail box, the settings in the unit itself and a service tech stated that the side cameras are motion sensor and should activate when a car passes on either side and even when I turn on my blinker. I cannot get that to happen, there is no motion sensor happening and without that there is no point in them they become paperweights. The service manager actually said that the Keystone wiring does not allow that to happen. That makes no sense to me because they are Bluetoothed to the monitor in my truck and the only wiring is for power. And, by the way, my buddy who has the same floor plan in a Keystone Avalanche has the same camera set up and his work with motion sensors just fine. Yes I have motion sensor checked in the system menu of the unit. Interested in comments and anyone who have had similar problems, thank you

Old 06-14-2021, 04:24 AM   #2
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I have the Furrion observation cameras with 7" monitor system. I have a shark fin camera on the rear and 2 side marker cameras up front that replaced the original marker lights at the front of the rig. My system does not have any motion detection or capability that I'm aware of and does not switch cameras on its own when I use turn signals. I can switch cameras manually on the monitor to view each one, or use a 4 up display to show all possible cameras, but the system will return to the rear camera after a few seconds on its own.
Are you certain your cameras have that capability?
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:24 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I have a Furrion 7 inch observation system with 2 side cameras. I have never seen "motion sensored" anywhere on mine. To activate the side cameras, I have to tap the lower left corner of the screen 3 times, then all cameras come on screen. If I want just one on, I then tap just the one.

If I tap for all 3, all 3 will stay on for a short while ... like 45 seconds, and then 2 of them will go off again, resuming with the original one that was originally active.

Paper weight? Well, kind of. But there is some value in being able to activate the side cameras when wanted, I just wish they'd stay on permanently.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #4
JoeUSNRET
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25489
I had a Furrion vision camera system on my previous trailer and I don't believe it had motion detection. It may be that motion detection was added to the new Furrion Vision S system and motion detection was not available on the older Furrion Vison 1 or 2 systems, which have been discontinued.
2020 RAM 3500 Mega, Dually, 4:10, HO CTD, Aisin.
JoeUSNRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 03:57 PM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
This post forced me to read the manual. The Furion does indeed have motion detection, but it looks like it is intended while backing. You can also set to 3 camera mode. I am parked right now but changed a few options to see what will happen. Tomorrow is a travel day, so I will try to report my findings when I arrive, if we have internet.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote