Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Storing Clothes-Living Room-HideABed Area

Anticipating almost 6 weeks of staying in our Montana while down in Florida (leave 2/5) with my daughter sleeping on the hideAbed, I still have NOT figured out a way/place to put her clothes. It's not like we are weekending it. On quick trips she keeps everything in a duffle bag. My unit has the computer table, so no storage there except for the desk drawers.

Has any one modified a area for guests that also has a computer table in it? The only thing I can come up with is put the chair to the computer table in a closet and use the under table space for her to stack them there, but then if company stops by it looks terrible. I also thought of picking up a small dresser to keep along side of the kitchen counter by the fireplace, but then would have to move it when traveling (bringing in the sides)

Just wondering how you all do it????

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
This idea won't help you, Sue, since you have the fireplace. But I can relate to your dilemma. When my sister-in-law and her hubby were staying with us I cleared out the space under the TV (your fireplace area) so they could put their things in that cabinet. Turns out their suitcases were too large so we stashed them behind the chairs and they lived out of them for four days. Do you have a washer and dryer or could you use that closet?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #3
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Sue don't the 3400 have a place for a washer/dryer. Thats where our daughter keeps her belongings it even has a bar for hanging clothes.Sorry I cant remember what the 3400 floor plan looks like, If you don't have a bar to hang clothes one maybe you can and one. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Sue after looking at your floor plan you don't have to many places to hang stuff, how about laying cloth flat in the storage area under the main bed, should be able to get a lot of clothes under there. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Sue, If you're looking for drawer space, how about one of those plastic stacked drawers (anywhere from two to five)on wheels? And if you're not using the w/d closet by the front door, the drawers could roll in there and her hanging items could hang in there, as previously suggested. If there's no close bar, one of those tension rods would probably work. The drawers could also be rolled under the computer desk or just out of the way. It would look tidier than just have her live out of a suitcase.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #6
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
When traveling with us, our daughter put her things in the overhead cabinets above the rear windows -- of course she is tall enough to reach them. She also used the cabinets over the sofa. Walmart has wire mesh stacking bins which will just fit into the cabinets over the sofa when unstacked. The bins kept her things organized. For hanging items we just shared the closet space. Another idea would be to remove one recliner and put in small chest of drawers.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Thanks for all the GREAT ideas. The closet for the W/D I use to store my daughters linen, comforter, pillows, etc for the hideabed. I guess I could put her clothes in there and then use maybe the cupboards above the recliners for the bedding. The cupboards above the recliners are a little too high for her to reach to see her clothes, but good idea for someone taller.

I think an adjustment is in the future...
Old 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Sue -
Our boys use the storage above the sofa (now our recliners) on the big kitchen slide. If you don't have the washer/dryer, there are ways to organize the entry closet as stated earlier. Another area would be under the sink area, with access from the living area side. Good luck and enjoy.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
I have guests come every weekend down the the lake and use the hide-a-bed nightly. I leave all the sheets, and blanket on the bed and fold it up with all on it. I do have a heavy blanket and comforter that I put in the cabinet over the computer desk. As far as clothes go I use the armoire for pillows and alot of my clothes. I leave the washer closet for guests to hang stuff up in there as they will be able to access it at night once I have gone to bed. Another idea would be to go and buy some rubbermaid clear tubs with lids and place all of her shorts/jeans or anything that can be folded in them and put them in the bedroom closet on the floor. I have them stacked two high and they do not seem to be any trouble for shirts and coats hanging on the bar. You could also put them in the basement storage area and she would be able to get what she needed as the days go by. Just another idea that might help you out. Have a great trip!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #10
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Sue,

Not sure this will fly but we use the plastic bins with lids. (like Tupperware but from KMart) for storage. You could put them under the trailer and pull them out when needed. When traveling the could sit on the floor. They might sit on the floor of the front closet if you do not have too many shoes and stuff.

Good luck Mate, from down under.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:01 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
There's quite a bit of space under the hideabed. When in couch configuration, just lift up like you're pulling out the bed and you'll see all that useable space. We stored quite a bit under there before we ditched the hideabed and got the jackknife sofa. It has even more storage underneath, has a removable front panel for access to the storage, and still serves as a (more comfortable) fold-down bed for one adult or two children. Anyhow, check under the hidedabed.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:54 AM   #12
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Steve, your a AMAZING, that's perfect.

Now let me see if I understand this, with the cushions off, the top part of the mattress to the bed will lift up and we will have access to the floor space???? I think I know what your getting at. I will check it out this weekend when we take some stuff out there to pack. We haven't had alot of opportunity to get things ready ahead of time tho, it's been so cold and afraid of things freezing.

Thanks EVERYONE for all your great suggestions. Deff some re-arranging is in order.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:33 PM   #13
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Sue -
You could then put the plastic storage tubs in that space and use it like a mini dresser. Steve, I might look at using that with our boys. Great idea.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:26 AM   #14
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Ron ... storage tubs MIGHT go under there, but they would have to be of the narrow, under-the-bed variety.

Sue ... you have no idea what you've done telling Steve he has come up with a perfect solution to a storage dilemma ... now I'll have to actually pay attention to his "suggestions!"
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:02 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We had a suit bag, with suit under there along with some other things. There's not a tremendous amount of room under there and the entry to the area is a bit limited in height but for stacking clothes, low tubs, and the like, it should work just fine. The hideabed is open on the backside so it's also possible to pull the couch out and put some larger things back there from behind, then slide the couch back. At one time I thought about putting a door on the outside of the slide for external access to that space but never did that. Security was one concern with that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #16
Montana_2008
Established Member

M.O.C. #2008
Best thing to do is get rid of the Kids, I found this worked really well.
Montana_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote