Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 AM   #1
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
TV Options

I think I have the satellite down pretty well, thanks to Ken. However, I have never used the 'over the air' option. According to the park we are at, I should be able to point the antenna SW and get channels from Sacramento.

Question 1. Is there an antenna amp? If not, this is the first rig I've had w/o one. I have TV connections in the front bedroom in the closet where the washer/dryer could go. Power plug and cable connection for the bedroom TV. The batwing antenna is in the front above the bedroom.

Pointing-- Done
Satellite unit-- Turned off

Where do I go from here?

Using the TV control,
Input Select-- Selected TV.. Is that correct or should I select something else?
Menu Button-- Selected Auto Select; TV Location- Home; Signal Type- Air; Auto Search- Start

Goes thru such and finds nothing..

I'm missing something.. including a brain, I guess

Thanks for any help.

GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I thought the antenna amp button (should have a small light adjacent to it) was adjacent to the power plug for the tv in the bedroom (not sure about on a Mountaineer though). Your menu selections appear to me to be correct. All of the above is assuming you did remember to raise the antenna?
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
johncamtravel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13192
Ours is in the bedroom on the ceiling above the TV. There is a brown plate I believe with a 12V outlet and there is a little black push up/
push down switch. Hard to see, you really have to look for it. There is a little green LED when it is on. That does not mean that it could not be in a different place in your trailer. Hope this helps...
johncamtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #4
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Thanks.. I found the button. Had to get out a flashlight.. even then, the dark brown button against the dark brown plate was quite difficult to see. Solution.. dot of white paint.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote