Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Thanks Will, I was trying to run 2 CNC machine tools and play on MOC too.
Lynwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #22
jetenbu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11565
Have these Lippert frame problems solved with the 2012 Montana's? I am looking at a Montana 3625RE and would sure like to think I do not have to face this problem any time soon.
jetenbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've been back ond forth on the issue here ... my final thoughts. For those of you who proclaim "infinite warranty" ... would you really own a business guaranteeing your product indefinitely thus putting yourself and company at the mercy of any and all users whether they maintain or abuse their equipment. You'd not be in business long. I'm all for warranties ... but can't support people backing infinite time periods. JSMITFL ... I'm talking in general not grouping you in one or another.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Yes,
I consider that a company has a lifetime responsibility to support a product that hasn't been built correctly or unsafely.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:07 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
[quote]Originally posted by Desert RVer

Yes,
I consider that a company has a lifetime responsibility to support a product that hasn't been built correctly or unsafely.

First that would have to be documented and verified. That has not happened. There is no proof that the frame was built incorrectly or unsafe by any Government entity. That a product fails is no proof that it is not correctly built or unsafe, If so nearly every product sold would fall in that category.

The frame flex issue in the early models up to @ mid 2005 was acknowledged by Keystone and a redesign of the frame took place. We saw that at the factory. It is also well documented here on this forum that Keystone has repaired the Frame flex issue at no cost on the early models no matter what the age of the unit.

They will require pictures and these folks are hard to fool. If it was due to the frame flex issue and they will be able to identify if it was or not, they have repaired it at no cost.

we seem to blame Evey issue we have on poor design, poor engineering, Etc and we are never at fault. IMO if this or any products was unsafe due to poor design /engineering it would have been documantated and proved long ago.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #26
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
The Government doesn't have to declare a product has been built incorrectly or unsafely. The government doesn't know didly squat about RV's. The buying public through the courts and with their feet will define what has been built incorrectly or unsafely.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
[quote]Originally posted by Desert RVer

The Government doesn't have to declare a product has been built incorrectly or unsafely. The government doesn't know didly squat about RV's. The buying public through the courts and with their feet will define what has been built incorrectly or unsafely.

I must have missed the post that said the Government has to declare a product has been built incorrectly or unsafe although they have done just that on many occasions'

"The buying public through the courts and with their feet will define what has been built incorrectly or unsafely'... Exactly and the Rv industry has been around for a long,long time and that has not happened.

Example the Montana line has been the #1 best seller of 5th wheels for 10 or is it 11 years. I wonder why the buying public keeps buying a product that may be built incorrectly or is unsafe and why in all those years has it not been challenged.. Something does not make sense ....
Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #28
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Wow this thread has been going on a long time. Well I finally got mine put together right. I took it to the dealer we bought from and they fixed it.LOL Took it back and they fixed it again. The work was so bad I wasn't going to take it back. I went to Tiara in Elkhart while I was up there and they fixed it the way it should be. I paid the price and am getting my money back from the first dealer. I can't say enough good about Scott at Tiara. Right now we are in Idaho and enjoying it. Jetenbu they have fixed the problems with the frame so you don't need to worry about it.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #29
GaryM
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9975
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Example the Montana line has been the #1 best seller of 5th wheels for 10 or is it 11 years. I wonder why the buying public keeps buying a product that may be built incorrectly or is unsafe and why in all those years has it not been challenged.. Something does not make sense ....
I have yet to see any documentation that claims' that the Montana is the # 1 best seller of 5th wheels for 10 or 11 years.
I see that Keystone is making that claim on there website. :

“North America's #1 Selling Fifth Wheel for 10 Consecutive Years. The right inspiration leads you to achieve greatness whether you are vacationing, adventuring or just relaxing. Montana fifth wheels enable you to achieve all three. To do this, Montana designs fifth wheels to provide enduring pleasure over the long haul and in every aspect of the ownership experience. Montana builds RVs that inspire.”

They are certainly not the # 1 seller in Canada, I think they should change it from North America to America or U.S. Or remove that false claim altogether.

Gary
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:16 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
here is one source that is not Keystone.There are others if you do a search......

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/03/ke...ver-10th-year/

It said the nations #1 best seller so I assunme they meant the USA.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:13 AM   #31
GaryM
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9975
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

here is one source that is not Keystone.There are others if you do a search......

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/03/ke...ver-10th-year/

It said the nations #1 best seller so I assunme they meant the USA.
Rvbusiness.com is just a reporting website like all the other searches you did. The actual survey is from, http://www.statisticalsurveys.com , they are paid by Keystone to do the survey. It is only one company that is reporting that the Montana is #1. And they state on there website that they may not be 100% accurate. “We work hard to ensure that the data we receive and manage is the best available. But no data source is perfect.” I put very little value in one source.

As far as the frame flex issues go it appears that it has been an issues from early on till mid 2005. Now it seems to have reappeared in some of the newer model's, like mine. It’s a tough market and it is going to get tougher. Help your customers or close your doors. I believe that the other manufactures chose to close there doors rather than sell a poor low quality product.

Just my opinion.

Gary
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We learn something every day..So there is no way to know who sells what or what the numbers are in the Rv industry because anything that we might look up is not accurate or paid for by the manufacturer.

how do you know the GMC dually is a great product. Would not any documentation to that effect be paid for by GM????

It looks like your Rv qualifies for the lemon law (If Canada has one)Hope you have applied.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #33
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
RichFaa,

I suspect you are jumping to contusions!