Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Cyride
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22980
381TH Garage does not raise level

The weather was good outside today so I pulled our new 2019 381TH, which we purchased last November, out of storage so I could pull the bike in the RV's garage to see how it would fit. I noticed the right side of the garage started to lift first, soon after the left side started to lift. When the garage was at full height the left side was a good inch lower than the right side. I also notice some noise coming out of the left side as it lifted, maybe a little rubbing or binding. Will add it to the list of concerns but I though I'd ask the 380/381 owners out there if anyone has had this concern? The garage goes up and down all right, when lowering the garage the left side bottoms out first too. Let me know if this has been a problem or if this is normal for the garage lift.

Thanks!

Jon

Old 02-24-2020, 05:53 AM   #2
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
We picked up our 381TH in October. No problem with the bed raising or lowering, but I did just have it it for some warranty work. The freezer door would not close all the way (ended up being a couple screws that we not put in all the way), electric leveling didn't work correctly (was in error mode due to low battery) and a switch that didn't work. That was all we found during a 3 week trip to Disney World.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyride View Post
The weather was good outside today so I pulled our new 2019 381TH, which we purchased last November, out of storage so I could pull the bike in the RV's garage to see how it would fit. I noticed the right side of the garage started to lift first, soon after the left side started to lift. When the garage was at full height the left side was a good inch lower than the right side. I also notice some noise coming out of the left side as it lifted, maybe a little rubbing or binding. Will add it to the list of concerns but I though I'd ask the 380/381 owners out there if anyone has had this concern? The garage goes up and down all right, when lowering the garage the left side bottoms out first too. Let me know if this has been a problem or if this is normal for the garage lift.

Thanks!

Jon
You need to cycle it up & down a couple times without stopping & hold the switch 3 - 4 seconds after it stops. The motors need to synchronize by finding zero. Works similar to a schwintek system. The self leveling is similar as the computer needs to know where zero is on all the legs. Thats a draw back with most electric systems like these. Once we figured it out we have not had any more issues with the bed lift, of course if you have an alignment problem than this may not help you.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote