Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
What a great feeling

We were getting right into our planning for our wedding Sunday, the 8th, when we got a call, one of our great Friends who has cancer, was given 2 to 4 weeks. What a shock at first, then it hit us. He has had a country music jam at his house every year on Labor Day for over 20 years, and his one last request was to have one more jam in his yard. With 5 days to plan, we were on the phone constantly and managed to contact all but 2 of the people he had on his request list. He is retired from Sun Records, so we had many-many musicians and singers. I only managed to make it thru the complete list twice in 6 hours there were so many. A couple people asked us, how's plans coming for the wedding, our answer was, what wedding? lol. We had well over 200 people for the benefit and he was in his Glory with so many Friends around. The next morning I woke up with the most satisfied feeling I've probably ever had. What a Blessing is it to be fortunante enough to be able to do something for someone like that. Now we're back to thinking about the wedding in 4 days. Hope everyone is weathering the temps okey, it sure is hot. We play today at 6 in the Pavilion and is supposed to be about 100, dosen't really sound like fun but we'll manage. Happy 4th of July to everyone, and especially to my Veteran comrads.
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote