Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
abonzer
Established Member

M.O.C. #7370
5th Airborne Question

I just installed a 5th Airborne on my Monty. With 2,100 lb pin weight I added about 70 lbs of air.
If you have a 5th Airborne can you advise what pressure you run assuming you pin weight is somewhere around 2,000 lb.
Also, have you left the air bladder in the standard position, or have you moved it forward or backward?
Thanks in advance!

ps- What a difference this hitch makes. Like night and day. The only mistake I made was not adding this hitch a couple of years ago.

abonzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
It doesn't matter what pressure you run at, as long as you don't exceed 150 lbs (I believe). Just make sure you run close to the line on the shock and check it while level.

I have not had to move the bag. Again, I believe that is only if you can't get to the mark on the shock without exceeding 150psi.

We sure like ours as well.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
gpats
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7742
I have found that if I air up my bag to 1/4" above the line that it gives me a better ride and that measures about 70 to 75 psi-- I had to have my first bag replaced because it would leak down in about a two week period--it was replaced under warranty and the people that make the unit were very good to work with--I really like the Fifth Airborne and I find that it makes backing a lot easier--
gpats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
When I had the 5th Airborne, I never measured the amount of pressure. I just followed the instructions and added air until the tube over the shock came up to the mark. We always had a great ride. In my opinion, the 5th gave a better ride than the TrainAir pin box we now have.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote