Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #21
saber707
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17531
I recommend that you keep them at 80. The tires are designed for the fluctuation.

saber707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #22
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
There is another place it has an affect, mustard. We are at 1400 feet and went to Wyoming and 8300 feet. My brother turned the mustard bottle upside down and opened it up. It blowed mustard all over him.
Lynwood
As I am a bit slow on the learning curve, the same has happened to me. Include mayo and carbonated drinks to the list as well......
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron B View Post
As I am a bit slow on the learning curve, the same has happened to me. Include mayo and carbonated drinks to the list as well......

Sure is funny when it happened to your brother.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:58 PM   #24
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
AND you don't have to check them every day. This is nuts to do that. Every time you let air out so sooner or later you will have a low tire. Pump that sucker to 80 PSI and be done with it. When you aren't towing how often do you check the air in the truck tires. It's the same for the trailer.
If you use your foot or a small piece of 1" water pipe about 3 feet long and kick or hit your tires and the "bounce" is the same from all the tires you are good to go. Look at them, if they have the same "set" they are fine. If you are traveling weekly your tires will be fine. It is when they just sit that they loose air. If you have "duellies" you must check daily with a pipe or hammer as the inside tire can loose air and not show the loss.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:28 AM   #25
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinbaja View Post
If you use your foot or a small piece of 1" water pipe about 3 feet long and kick or hit your tires and the "bounce" is the same from all the tires you are good to go. Look at them, if they have the same "set" they are fine. If you are traveling weekly your tires will be fine. It is when they just sit that they loose air. If you have "duellies" you must check daily with a pipe or hammer as the inside tire can loose air and not show the loss.
Thats a good idea. When we take ours out for you yearly trip I check before i go and never check again. My tires seem to always be full even after sitting for a few months. I always feel for a hot tire when I stop for fuel. A low tire will get hot. I always run Max air pressure in my tires. I can't guess how much my RV weighs as it changes all the time so I don't inflate by any chart. When tires get hot the pressures inside always go up. The tire manufactures compensate for this so more air will not hurt the tire. But only add when tires are cold. Imagine the tires with 110 PSI.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #26
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
all this talk about daily tire pressure checks makes a good argument for a TPMS
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #27
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinbaja View Post
Think I'll stick to my TP gauge...my foot is not too calibrated.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote