Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2022, 03:58 PM   #1
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Dish wally ON…Dish wally OFF

I learned something yesterday that is worth passing on. I don’t recall it being explained this way by Dish when I bought my Wally black box. I called Dish to change our channel package and I asked some questions about my bill.

I have Dish service at home. I have a Wally black box and a Tailgater antenna for the RV. They charge $5 per month for the months we use the Wally while we are on the road. I am supposed to call them and tell them to TURN ON the Wally for a trip. When we get back - I was supposed to call them and tell them to TURN OFF the Wally.

I purchased the Wally January 2021, and they have been charging me $5/ month every month since because I never called and said “turn it Off”. I seem to recall they told me that they changed policy in Dec 2020 to charge $5 /month for a wally in the RV whether I used it or not. I heard a different explanation yesterday.

If you want to do the $5 per month add on - be sure you call them to turn the thing off or they will assume you have it TURNED ON all the time!
I hate that when that happens!

Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:00 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Mike,

We intentionally leave ours on all the time so no need to call when we hit the road.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:30 AM   #3
Hawkpat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11612
You can also turn it on and off yourself by using the Dish app or website. You can refresh using the mobile app if it has not been used for a period o time.
Hawkpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:16 AM   #4
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I learned something yesterday that is worth passing on. I don’t recall it being explained this way by Dish when I bought my Wally black box. I called Dish to change our channel package and I asked some questions about my bill.

I have Dish service at home. I have a Wally black box and a Tailgater antenna for the RV. They charge $5 per month for the months we use the Wally while we are on the road. I am supposed to call them and tell them to TURN ON the Wally for a trip. When we get back - I was supposed to call them and tell them to TURN OFF the Wally.

I purchased the Wally January 2021, and they have been charging me $5/ month every month since because I never called and said “turn it Off”. I seem to recall they told me that they changed policy in Dec 2020 to charge $5 /month for a wally in the RV whether I used it or not. I heard a different explanation yesterday.

If you want to do the $5 per month add on - be sure you call them to turn the thing off or they will assume you have it TURNED ON all the time!
I hate that when that happens!
I have been using it and your that’s what to do. Also your dis to go works great if you have a good internet connection.
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote