Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2006, 06:49 AM   #281
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
It seems that they are mostly bad from day one. If you are satisfied with yours, you may just be one of the lucky ones who seem to have a "good" one.

But, just to be sure, check it out thoroughly in a variety of conditions, particulary when it has to switch between heat and A/C.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #282
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
How did you guys get it changed? I was told no way by Dometic and Keystone unless it didn't work at all. Very rude people in both cases. Going to put another electric heater in unit.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #283
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Print out all these post take it to your dealer give them copy tell him it does not work and get it replaced with CCC.
Anyone buying a new 06 or 07 model coming up I would not even look at the unit if it had the remote unit unless they agreed to swap it out for the CCC.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #284
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
I went straight to Dometic, talked to a Curtis. Said no problem since I'd already talked to my dealer and wasn't happy with what he said. They only asked that I call my dealer back and have them call him to get vehicle info and then Dometic would ship new CCC to them and they called 3 days later, set up an appointment and now we have a thermostat that works GREAT!
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #285
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
That's exactly the same person I talked to at Dometic, he was actually very accommodating. The part are at the dealer for install on Monday of next week.

Don't give up, they will help you.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #286
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
I printed this thread and got an email back from Dometic. Made the app for service and showed up for show and tell.
Dealer tested it and ordered parts and is charging Keystone for labor. When I made app. on phone it was like they never heard of it before. After seeing the email and the bale of paper from this thread no arguements no nothing just getting it taken care of. I didn't even buy it from them.
Thanks
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:56 PM   #287
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I sent an e-mail to Dometic and explained the situation and I referenced the MOC and this thread. Dometic replied saying that it would not be a problem. All I had to do was take the Monty back to the dealer so they could get the required information and give it to Dometic. I also took a copy of Dometic's e-mail response as reference. In a week I had the CCC installed.
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:21 AM   #288
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We were at our dealers yesterday afternoon picking up the Montana. I had slide toppers put on. When I questioned them about the remote problem I was told they had "just" received e-mails from both Keystone and Dometic that they were not to replace anymore.
I was told to keep a diary. Where I had to stand to get the furnace to work. Since we now are getting into the warmer weather, I don't think I will be using the furnace much. By the time we get into the cooler weather our unit will be out of warrenty.
They had sent a tech out with me and the furnace would not kick on from the back of the living room. You had to walk up past the stove to get the furnace to kick on. So --- I asked, what's the point of a remote. He just shrugged.
My hat is off to you guys who were able to get yours changed. I must have e-mailed the wrong "rude" people. One I never heard back from.
I still am waiting for my couch "throw" pillows. The service manager said he personally put them in the unit. Well, I guess someone else wanted them. They are no where to be found.

Carol
Old 04-01-2006, 02:41 AM   #289
mjcjtroy
Established Member

M.O.C. #1969
Carol~ Don't give up...be persistent,be a thorn in their side!! Keep calling,emailing, etc. both dometic and keystone until you too are one of the success stories.
mjcjtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:21 AM   #290
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I cut and pasted the worst of the worst posts of this thread and emailed them to Dometic...I got a reply that stated I was to take my trailer to the dealer take the info and the dealer was to contact Dometic and it worked because they are waiting for the new CCC as we speak...I have never seen any problem that Keystone has had to this extent...Both Keystone and Dometic really need to take care of this...We paid good money for something that doesn't do what it was suppose to do. Any other company would have to take care of it. In my case I am very thankful both to Keystone and Dometic that they stepped up to the plate. I hope that all of you can get your problem solved also.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 AM   #291
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I guess I will have to go back and read all your comments and who you talked to. Obviously I am not talking to the right people. Both times I got very rude "women." I e-mailed Mr. Krol and never got an answer.

Carol
Old 04-02-2006, 06:24 AM   #292
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
I am contemplating trading my 3295 for the new 3500 RE. Does someone have a picture of the CCC unit so I can be sure that is what is in the unit. If I purchase, the dealer will have to order the unit, so I will specify that the CCC be installed, but upon delivery, I need to include verification in my PDI.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:55 AM   #293
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
You can see them both on the Dometic website. The CCC is wall mounted and has an LCD screen and five buttons down the right side. The 3500RE is probably a new enough model that it was never made with the remote, but no harm in checking.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:33 AM   #294
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Yesterday it was cold and rainy here in central NY. So I had Chuck turn on the propane and went to "test" the remote. Again, I had to walk up as far as the stove to get the furnace to work. I tried shuting it down back by the recliners and again I had to walk up to the stove. The third or forth try it did shut down back by the recliners. What's the point of a remote if you have to get up and walk up to the stove?

Carol
Old 04-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #295
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Check out this thread more than likely first couple of pages. There are pictures of the whole unit and instructions on how to retrofit it with the remote system.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #296
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
I thought this was solved with the 06's it seems like keystone is going backward. especially if what that dealer said about email not to replace. this has been going one since late 04 and 05. they know they don't work right yet they continue to install these. Keystone is really going down hill I think since Jeff left Montana.

ken
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #297
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Ken,

My 06 2955RL that we took delivery on last September does NOT have the remote thermostat. In fact we thought that was kind of a neat feature, albeit unnecessary, when we saw the model but then after reading this site I was very concerned about it and happy when it came in without the remote t-stat.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #298
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Maybe I miss read. thought some were saying they had 06 they just picked up with this issued.
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:13 AM   #299
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
More than likely it was some left over stock they had and used it up till gone. Kind of like rolling the dice some may complain and have to change out and some may not.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #300
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Old news prob, but when we had to call dometic (in the cold and chilly... seems that the ther. works fine for the AC) I was not able to read any instructions, because when I went looking in our pile of info from the dealer, the 'destructions' for that stupid little thermostat had been water damaged and stuck together so that the only thing you could really make out was the picture of the unit.
At any rate, when I called dometic, I was told that the 10 deg difference in the settings is supposed to keep the heat and AC systems from working against each other, since both are controlled by the same module at the same time. I suppose in some engineer's mind this makes perfect sense, but as a frugal girl from Ks, I really despise having to set my thermostat at 80 to get it to 68 in my trailer... oh well... I think if we can ever get the OTHER probs with our warranty work addressed, we may try and get that thermostat changed out as well.
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote