Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2015, 04:55 AM   #21
Rob Walters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12154
I just got done towing RV's for a local dealer to the Dallas RV Show. Several other drivers, and myself, towed about 60 units to the show. Many different brands including 5'ers, and TT's. The show just ended last Sunday and I haven't heard what the sales were for the show. I also towed for the same dealer to the Fort Worth Show a couple months ago. We towed about 100 units to that show and was told that about 75 units were sold. This dealer does not carry any Montana's but stocks several other 5'er brands. Seems to me these two shows have been going strong for many years now, although there have been years when fewer dealers participated. Lots of dealers at both shows this year.

Rob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #22
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
I will always buy locally. Not over the internet. I want to see exactly what I am buying and expect the dealer to do all of the warranty fixes that most likely need to happen. It is way easier! Even if the unit did cost me a little more up front. Buying off the Internet just does not make sense to me. But, that is me. I know people do it everyday with great success. Just too risky for me.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I agree to disagree ... my 3150 was priced $9680.00 + trade cheaper 3 hrs from my "local" dealer. I figured I could haul it back and forth several times over for that difference. I figured right. In 5 years, I only had to haul it the distance once ... and I was actually coming back from a lake trip anyways as I had planned to drop it off on the way home. There's faithfulness to "local" to a point, then common sense has to kick in.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #24
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Dale, I wanted to buy locally, and I set the "value" of buying locally at $2000. I figure buying 500 miles away would cost me that much in wear and tear getting things fixed. But, the difference was almost $6,000. For that, I can almost have it towed there a few times. We went to the two Denver shows this year (January and February). Jason Gill, head of Montana, was working at the local Montana dealer's booth.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote