Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2015, 05:58 AM   #1
jasonreaume
Established Member

M.O.C. #17160
Ice maker drain valve

We have a 2016 Montana 3721rl with an ice maker and are going to winterize the ice maker. I found the valves under the sink and oven but there's a label that says to open the drain valve under the trailer, I looked under the trailer but did not see the valve for the ice maker. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Jason and kelly.

jasonreaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:18 AM   #2
Lawdogs
Established Member

M.O.C. #17892
The low point drain is located above the rear axle on the trailer. It is a blue hose with a black cap. You need to unscrew the cap to allow the water to drain. If you are using the air method to winterize, you will need to cycle the ice maker a couple of times to get all the water out of the line.
Lawdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:20 AM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Don't have one in monty, but did have in the 13cuft dometic in our past diesel pusher. In it, the water supply, solenoid to control water, and drain were in the lower outside fridge cover. So sounds like you have something weird going on with "valves under the sink and oven" since icemaker only takes a cold water line that should feed the solenoid. That valve under the oven could be the drain valve with its other end supposedly poking out under monty. Make sure that all the water is drained from the solenoid by supplying power to it and blowing through it. Did not do that "once" and had to buy a new one. John
Old 11-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #4
jasonreaume
Established Member

M.O.C. #17160
The only low point drains are for the whole system, but I forgot to mention I am only winterizing the ice maker and don't think those would work. I may have to use those to get air into the ice maker line then turn the valve to shut that part of the water off.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
Lawdogs
Established Member

M.O.C. #17892

Jason,
Looks like we have the same year and model trailer, not saying they were built the same. I attached a picture where the drain hose is for the ice maker supply line. Hope the link works. First time posting a picture.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8iq5exqj.jpg
Old 11-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

Don't have one in monty, but did have in the 13cuft dometic in our past diesel pusher. In it, the water supply, solenoid to control water, and drain were in the lower outside fridge cover. So sounds like you have something weird going on with "valves under the sink and oven" since icemaker only takes a cold water line that should feed the solenoid. That valve under the oven could be the drain valve with its other end supposedly poking out under monty. Make sure that all the water is drained from the solenoid by supplying power to it and blowing through it. Did not do that "once" and had to buy a new one. John
This is correct you need to energize the solenoid and blow out line if you just drain you will have water in the line from the solenoid to the Ice Maker
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #7
jasonreaume
Established Member

M.O.C. #17160
The pic worked, thank you. I will have to look again, I did not see that on mine. The only one I have in that area is a bit further back towards the rear and I believe it's the fresh holding tank.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
Lawdogs
Established Member

M.O.C. #17892
I agree. The white hose in the back is for the fresh water drain. Wonder if they did not cut the hole for the drain over the rear axle. The blue hose under the sink, with the valve, should drop straight down and through the coroplast. But then again, one would think that the same year and model would have been made the same?!?!?!?! I wish you the best and hope you will enjoy the trailer as much as we do!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:55 AM   #9
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
See my post at following URL, and pictures too.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...erms=ice,maker
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote