Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
RGV RV Show

While we were at the plant during the GLR Rally, Jeff Rank asked us if we thought a Montana Owners' get-together could be arranged to take place at the RGV RV Show.

Whithout commiting to anything, we indicated that it should be an easy thing to arrange. At this time, I don't even know the place or dates, but if anyone finds out, please post it here, and keep it in mind for a possible get-together.

Jeff mentioned that this was done at the Tampa show, and he would like to see a similar gathering in the RGV.

Later: Found this info on web: All Valley RV Show
January 13-15, 2005
Mercedes Livestock Showgrounds, USA
Mercedes, Texas

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We have been to this show. If our memory serves us right I think this is a big event in the valley. Will attend if there is a get-together.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I have also looked for the dates and data on this show, the only show I could come up with was one in San Antonio, Jan 8th or so. If someone can surf around and find the real dates we could see about planning something.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:12 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Thanks to LadyRV, I now have a link to the 2006 RGV RV Show:

http://www.rgvparks.com/rvshow.html

Funny about preconceived notions, because every other RV show I have ever been to has been inside, I expected this one to be as well, of course, in the RGV that is hardly necessary.

Hope we can make something entertaining out of this, I don't know that part of the Valley hardly at all.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
John: Mercedes is East of Weslaco. Or, if you need another landmark, east of the DonWest market. Not too far East though. It is an outside show.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, gang, I see that this is for January 12, 13 and 14th. Dates are Thursday, Friday and Saturday. For us Winter Texan's I think Thursday January 12th would be GREAT!

By the way, this is over at the Mercedes Livestock Showgrounds, what a NICE facility that is! We happened to attend the Livestock show there last year. VERY NICE. Mercedes is in about the middle of the Valley, so it won't be too far from any where MOC members are staying. OH, and unless the place has closed, or changed hands, Al and I happen to know a FAB Mexican restaurant in the area where we could all eat! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Should we say a tenative meeting of the MOC members in the RGV for the winter, on Thursday, January 12th?? I don't see the times on the page, soooo, noonish?? depending on what times the show is open?? We can do this instead of OR as well as our third Thursday of the month MOC Winter Texan gathering. I'll leave that up to your feedback.

We have picked Thursdays cause the flea markets are open on Saturdays and a lot of the parks have entertainment on Friday.

I AM NOT the organizer of all activities in the Rio Grande, so, if someone has other suggestion about this, BRING IT ON!! We are more than happy to hear from ya!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
We attended this show last year with Bob and MaryKay. Its always fun to look at the competition. It was a beautiful day and just loved being outside. Thursday is a good day and have already entered into our calendar. Arrive early to enjoy the show - afternoons get busy and you can often find lines to enter and view various models --especially the upper end units. So, are we gathering at the Monty display???

P.S. Carol you do such a good job at organizing things! I appreciate all your efforts!!!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Vic,

Well, when someone can tell us the times of the show, we can decide more about how this will happen. Yes, I think we will pick a time and say, meet at the Montana's at such a time. Jeff may have a opinion on this, and we surely will like to hear his say. Then we can plan the rest of the day around it. That will give everyone a chance to look around, etc.

Thanks for the kind words, Vic, but this is a group effort!!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:54 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Just for info, the DonWest Flea Market is also open on Wed.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We will arrive Jan 5th, weather permitting, so would be able to attend.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Were arriving at Bentsen Palm on Dec. 1, so we'll be planning on it.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:55 AM   #12
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jpf

Were arriving at Bentsen Palm on Dec. 1, so we'll be planning on it.
See you there, our reservation is for Jan 7, site 522. (Not sure we will actually get there that date, but we will try!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #13
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Count us in, we should be in the valley by the middle of Dec. or earlier!!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:19 AM   #14
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
Having spent the last four winters at the LaFloresta RV park north of Mercedes We have attended the show every year and it is a pretty good show.My question is where and what is the name of the Mexican food restaurant you are referring to.We never found a really good one but we are spoiled by one at the little town of Etter 12 miles north of Our home in Dumas,Tx.We are going to winter in Yuma this year but if we get back to the valley sometime and if our new 3670 Montana ever shows up we will try to join y'all some day!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Well, gang, I see that this is for January 12, 13 and 14th. Dates are Thursday, Friday and Saturday. For us Winter Texan's I think Thursday January 12th would be GREAT!

By the way, this is over at the Mercedes Livestock Showgrounds, what a NICE facility that is! We happened to attend the Livestock show there last year. VERY NICE. Mercedes is in about the middle of the Valley, so it won't be too far from any where MOC members are staying. OH, and unless the place has closed, or changed hands, Al and I happen to know a FAB Mexican restaurant in the area where we could all eat! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Should we say a tenative meeting of the MOC members in the RGV for the winter, on Thursday, January 12th?? I don't see the times on the page, soooo, noonish?? depending on what times the show is open?? We can do this instead of OR as well as our third Thursday of the month MOC Winter Texan gathering. I'll leave that up to your feedback.

We have picked Thursdays cause the flea markets are open on Saturdays and a lot of the parks have entertainment on Friday.

I AM NOT the organizer of all activities in the Rio Grande, so, if someone has other suggestion about this, BRING IT ON!! We are more than happy to hear from ya!
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #15
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
texdeano,

Sorry don't remember the name, it was on 281 on the west side of town of Mercedes, south side of 281. It was a family place, not large, not fancy, but we were treated very well there and we enjoyed the food.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:57 AM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, while we're talking about activities in the Valley, at our mini-rally at Zion National Park we had some pretty cutthroat games of Spinner Dominoes and it led us to believe that we could have some pretty fun afternoons/evenings playing similar games as a group, either weekly or bi-weekly while we're all together. Vicki is checking out Bentsen Palm Village for a possible room we could use and I tried contacting Victoria Palms. Just didn't get a response. I'll try again soon.

Just wanted you and others to know about our idea.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #17
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Have any of you played Mexican Train Dominoes. It is a lot of fun. You can even play it with only 2 people and we've had as many as 10. We also play a lot of Phase 10 with our family and friends.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #18
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy,

Pretty sure that both parks have rooms that can be used. Not sure of the rules for either at this time, but they were something like, a resident can reserve the room, must be cleaned up afterwards, of course.

At Victoria Palms a couple of years ago, there was no charge, so, the rooms were heavily used and you have to reserve a bit in advance, like WEEKS!! I would guess that the staff memeber you need to chat with probably is not even on board down there yet.

At Bentson Palm Village, there is an activity room/building. I have NO idea of the guidelines for using it.

Early arrivers in the RGV from MOC should check out these possible meeting places ASAP, see my other post a few moments ago. Don't count on me being there to organize, remember, God Willing, etc. and my statements that I am not the only one, this is a group effort.

Does sound like fun tho! There is nothing set in stone as far as MOC people only getting together on the 2nd Thursday of each month. We just set that as one date that everyone could count on, specially for those that cannot be in the valley for 3 to 5 months. That way, hopefully they can get to at least one gathering of the clan.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #19
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Okay, I'll bite -- what is Mexican Train Dominoes?? Obviously, I never have played the game.

Judy, Victoria Palms does have a nice small activities building just about across from your site. Don't know how a person reserves -- assume reservations are made at the main office.

Only 38 days and we will be in the valley -- but who is counting!!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #20
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Check out Camping World and do a search on the net. It is played with 91 colored double 12 dominoes. Each person builds a line (train) of their own and then you can add one that anyone can play (the Mexican train). The colors control the play. The winner is the person that lays down all their dominoes. It is a lot of fun and our grandkids were able to play it at around 7 or 8. But adults love it also. We have a set at home and another in the 5th wheel. There is also a little hub you can buy with a train in the middle that makes train sounds.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote