Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2004, 02:45 AM   #1
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Heading to Myrtle Beach for 2 Week Vacation

We will be staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park for two weeks starting Saturday July 10th. We'll be at the north end of the CG by the beach. Give us a hollar if you're in the area!

I'll be heading South on I95 through Virginia and North Carolina. If I see another Montana I'll give a honk and flash the lights

Happy RVing!
Bill

Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
drive safe...and nice choice on the CG..it's a nice park! been there several times.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
Montana_1752
Established Member

M.O.C. #1752
Since we are only about 20 minutes from Myrtle Beach (near Calabash, NC), I would LOVE to come and meet you. We ordered our 3685FL and have yet to take delivery (probably around July 23). I manage a golf course and can usually arrange my schedule to fit what would be most convenient for you. It would be be wonderful to speak to a Montana owner in person,,,,, and especially to one who already has the model we're getting.
Montana_1752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Janette, if you can make the rally in September you'll meet a whole bunch of us. Last I saw there are 57 members signed up for the rally. Here's the info on it:
http://www.forumco.com/montanaadmini...sp?FORUM_ID=71
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #5
Montana_1752
Established Member

M.O.C. #1752
Thanks for the invitation to the rally, but we will be unable to attend this year. We aren't retired....... yet....... so we're tied to work obligations.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:30 AM   #6
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Janette

Since we are only about 20 minutes from Myrtle Beach (near Calabash, NC), I would LOVE to come and meet you. We ordered our 3685FL and have yet to take delivery (probably around July 23). I manage a golf course and can usually arrange my schedule to fit what would be most convenient for you. It would be be wonderful to speak to a Montana owner in person,,,,, and especially to one who already has the model we're getting.
Sorry I missed your post Janette. We left for Myrtle Beach on the 10th and I don't have internet capibility in the camper so I just read it today.

Only 20 minutes from Myrtle Beach! My wife would love to live that close. She is a sun worshiper and loves the beach.

You'll really love the new Montana. It has a ton of room and is really comfortable to stay in if the weahter is inclement. Hope you get it on the date they said you should. We were 12 weeks waiting for ours to arrive. That was 4 weeks more than we were initially told.

We had a great time at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Hardly any golf carts there to run you over! They don't allow transients to bring golf carts. Only the permanents are allowed to have them and they don't drive all over the park all day long.

At Ocean Lakes and Lakewood, we were nearly hit on several occasions trying to cross the street by teenagers driving along the beach drive. They just didn't want to stop to let you across. I got tired of dodging them. When we found the Travel Park didn't allow the carts we decided to try it.

We were only 4 sites from the beach so walking to it was not an issue.

Everything went well until Saturday morning. We planed to leave early Saturday morning so we packed everything Friday night. The only things left to do was to flush the sewage tank, bing in the slides, disconnect the electric, hook up the truck, and we would be on our way. I did leave two coolers on the seat of the picnic table because I didn't want my grandson to fall over them if he had gotten up in the night to use the bathroom. One cooler was full of bottled water and the other with beer. When I opened the door at 5am to go flush the black tank the first thing I noticed was the beer cooler was missing. I thought my brother-in-law had moved it as a joke but that wasn't the case. Someone stole the whole cooler. It had to be more than one person because it was one of the Coleman 5 day 70 quart coolers filled with beer and ice. Guess I'll have to start chaining everything down no matter where we go. This was the second time someone has stolen some of my beverages. The last time was Memorial Day weekend 2003 at Virginia Beach. Someone took a couple of alcohol beverages out of the cooler there but I didn't notice it until I returned from the trip.

Outside of the cooler incident we had a fantastic time. We booked next year for same two weeks.

Sorry for such a long post. The cooler thing really buggs me!

Bill
Old 07-27-2004, 04:52 AM   #7
Montana_462
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #462
Bill, glad you had a good trip except for the beer cooler. Of course it had to be the beer and not the water I was just wondering how long it took you to get to Myrtle Beach from Fredricksburg? We want to make that trip next summer.
Montana_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:25 AM   #8
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ridgeruner58

Bill, glad you had a good trip except for the beer cooler. Of course it had to be the beer and not the water I was just wondering how long it took you to get to Myrtle Beach from Fredricksburg? We want to make that trip next summer.
Ridgerunner, We left at 6am and got there at 3:30pm. All in all 8-1/2 hours. That included a stop at exit 104 to meet up with my sister at the iron skillet. We also did breakfast there that took about an hour. We stopped to refuel at the Saddler's Truck Stop, (exit 75 in NC), about 15 minutes. We were also held up about 1 hr 15 min, by a head on collision on NC 41 that involved a fatality. We had to turn the campers around on a two lane road. Fortunately we found a spot at the edge of a corn field that was level with the road surface to do it.

This is our forth year in a row we've gone to Myrtle Beach and usually it takes 6-1/2 hours or so. Coming from Manassas it will be about an hour longer.

Let me know if you need any more info I may be able to help you with.

Bill
Old 07-28-2004, 04:34 AM   #9
Montana_462
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #462
Bill,
Thanks for the info. I normally would rather go to the mts but the boss (9yr old daddys girl) would like to go to the beach next year, so guess we'll be heading to the beach.
Montana_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:17 PM   #10
Montana_1752
Established Member

M.O.C. #1752
When I didn't see a post on here from you I pretty much figured you didn't have internet access while at the MB park. Sorry about the cooler theft and golfcart problems. We're not all inconsiderate slobs here. In fact, I rarely go to MB during tourist season.

We got the 3685FL today. The dealer couldn't deliver yesterday because their tow vehicle had some issue. We bought the one they had on the lot so the waiting issue was really us determining when hubby would need it at the next job location. It's now all hooked up and hubby is spending the first night in it tonight. We have Nextel's so can "beep" each other unlimited and he tells me he's even had the fireplace going - mood only, no need for the heat. He says I'll really like it when I can get away from my work obligations here at the beach to spend some time in it.

We also just purchased the tow vehicle. I hope an F-350 7.3 powerstroke will do the job. Hubby has also been a long haul CDL driver and I've seen him maneuver those 53' trailers so I'm not concerned about much on the pulling, turning, & parking........ UNLESS something should happen that necessitate ME doing that stuff... then we're in BIG trouble

We've loved this forum and have found a lot of very valuable information for us "newbies". Thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 02:53 AM   #11
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Janette

Sorry about the cooler theft and golfcart problems. We're not all inconsiderate slobs here. In fact, I rarely go to MB during tourist season.
Janette, I didn’t mean to come across as someone that thinks Myrtle Beach is full of inconsiderate slobs. The people we have met there are very friendly and helpful. That’s why we keep coming back year after year. Anywhere you go you’ll find inconsiderate people but that’s not the norm. So I apologize if you thought I meant everyone was inconsiderate.

Congratulations! Glad to hear you got your camper. I’m sure you’ll really like it. Wish we could have gotten one off the lot instead of having to wait so long.

You mentioned the fireplace. One thing I noticed was that even though you only have the flames on and not the heat, the upper part of the fireplace gets really warm from the light bulbs inside.

The only thing I really had a problem with was the shower leaked where the faucet was mounted. Seems they didn’t put any caulking around the base. I caulked it with some clear silicone and haven’t had a problem since.

I have a 2001 F350 with the 7.3L diesel engine and automatic transmission and it pulls the 3685FL just fine. You should have no problems. If the hubby’s been driving a tractor trailer he won’t have any problems maneuvering the rig at all.

Hope you all enjoy many memorable times in your new coach. Happy Rving!

Bill

Old 07-29-2004, 03:15 PM   #12
Montana_1752
Established Member

M.O.C. #1752
No, I didn't think you were saying us Coastal Carolinians were slobs. You're right, there are good people and "good-people-in-training" everywhere. Let us know the next time you're headed this way. We're looking forward to learning more about our unit.
Janette