Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Blink Signal?

We read where Montana Sky and sreigle talked about blinking their lights at other Montanas. Is this something a lot of you other Montanas do? We didn't know about this but it seems like a neat thing to do, especially if a lot of the MOC members started doing it.
#29 fans
04 3670RL BIG SKY
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison

Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
About a year ago some of us decided to try it (double blink of headlights) and reply in kind. I've rarely had anyone return a blink and those that did apparently were acknowledging the Montana and were not members. I'll keep trying, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:06 PM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Yes, we always watch for Montanas when we are traveling (whether we are towing or not). We always flash our headlights two times which other MOC members agreed on earlier as Steve says. Occassionally we get a response, but so far haven't found any of the responders on the MOC forum. Like Steve & Vicki, we will continue to do so. Just never know when you may meet another member, esspecially with the growth in numbers we are getting here.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Have pretty much had the same results as the rest. Do not get much of a response from my two blinks at other Montana owners. Most of the time they just look at you like what are you flashing about? I still give all Montana's I see two blinks, but have found myself giving a quick wave to other rv's out there. Some respond with a wave back and others just look at ya.. =) We will just have to keep on trying until we get every member of the MOC used to blinking at each other.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:36 AM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
We also do the double blink thing and so far no one has blinked back.Another thing is I keep running across Montana's parked in truck stops and can never find the owners, so I made up some business cards that I got from RCnSamantha, they are real nice and takes no time to make. I am going to put a card on the windshield of every Montana I see parked in a truck stop.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:08 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The one and only time I know it was another MOC member I did not see the blink. He was solo. That was in the last month east of Spokane. My memory fails me but I think it was Montana Sky who posted he blinked at a Montana there. Darn, first time it would have worked for me and I missed it. We blinked at two other Montanas that day, one south of Spokane and the other farther east.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #7
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I would LOVE to blink my lights at another Montana but have yet to see one while we have ours on the back. I can't believe that there aren't that many in MN or at least where we live. These rigs are awesome but apparently most people here don't know that. LOL I have only passed 3 on the roads and saw 1 in a CG we passed, otherwise there are few and far between here.

I was beginning to wonder what was going on and why I don't see many. We need to get the word out.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Melissa and Mike S....... we are in the same boat as you. We'd love to blink at another Montana but we have probably only seen 4 or 5 of them in the 3 years we've had our Montana. And all of those were while we didn't have ours with us.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:23 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
D and M, blink even when solo! We members will know what it's about and it won't matter what the non-members think - you'll never see them again anyhow!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:47 AM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Steve,
It was me blinking at you, but we are in all that construction on I-90 there coming through east Spokane area. There is not alot of room for error there, so I am sure that is why you did not see me. I would have been watching the mirrors as well. But dont worry, now that I know it was you, I'll just keep looking for ya until we meet again.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Likewise here. If you're going to the rally, we'll be there. Otherwise, on 7/10 we're headed north to Sioux Falls, then work our way to Niagara Falls, Gettysburg, then down to Virginia (Luray) to see the two oldest granddaughters. Next spring/summer we may get back up your way. Only time will tell...
Old 06-24-2004, 08:36 PM   #12
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Montana Sky..... I don't think Steve saw ya because he was probably posting another message here at the MOC.

*Oh my gawd*........ 4600 posts!!!!!
Steve.... just when do you have time to be traveling with all those posts that you do?......*LOL

Seriously, I appreciate your postings. Not too sure what my husband thinks though. It seems that at least a couple times a week I am telling him something that "Steve Reigle" has said online, or something "Steve Reigle" has done to his Montana that I think is a good idea and we should copy it.
*LOL..... I don't know who my husband wants to shoot (first)..... me or "Steve Reigle".
(Relax Steve... we can't come to the rally this fall).

Anyways, thanks and keep those posts coming.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
OK, so now we know how it's done. We'll be on the lookout for those other beautiful Montanas. Believe it or not, there seem to be quite a few in CA. We have seen them on the road several times ( and we mever knew the signal!)and we have even camped next to one in a Bakersfield RV park two weeks ago. We haven't seen many of the BIG SKY models but a Montana is a Montana.
#29 fans
04 3670RL BIG SKY
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:00 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
LOL, D and M On The Road! I keep hoping there's a point at which the numbers start going backward. I cannot imagine how in the world I managed to get that many posts. I really think there's a glitch in the software and it jumped from 1000 to 4000. But now I'm trying to not post where I don't really add anything as most of my posts didn't really add anything to what was already said by others.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #15
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Steve,

Don't let their teasing keep you from posting any time you have the urge.

Your posts are always relevant. Thanks for the tip on the shower today. I was giving it that extra turn and waited tonight, and you're right, it stopped.

I think there just teasing you because they miss you so much when you disapear for awhile.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 05:03 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
BJ, you can also test what I said by laying the shower head on the floor of the shower when you turn the water off. No drip at the faucet. Then put the shower head on its rack and it will drip/run water out until the hose is empty.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:43 PM   #17
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
fla native... you are soooo right. We miss the Reigels when they are gone away from the MOC. Their posts are always relevant, positive and level-headed.

In another note.. we were leaving a campground at Bodega Bay today to come back home and what should we see waiting in line to gain entry? Another Montana. I starting yelling at my husband.."quick, blink our headlights!" He's looking at me like I am a crazy nut and I keep yelling "blink the *$^# headlights"!.
I almost jumped out of the truck to run over to the waiting Montana and tell them about the MOC but we were going about 20 miles an hour and I didn't think I would land too smoothly in a jump from our 4x4. We didn't have our Montana hitched to us as we are driving back there tomorrow to stay for another week. First thing I'll do when I get back there tomorrow is check and see if the other Montana is still there at the campground. *heavy sigh*... I almost got to blink at a Montana
Old 07-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #18
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
Glad to know that we are blinking two times to other Montanas. On our trip to Alaska we started waving and most every Montana waved back, but we did not know if they were MOC members. We will start blinking twice to every Montana.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:11 AM   #19
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
This is great...consider us "blinkers!" It's not very often that we see another Montana on the road, but when we have, we'll wave and they rarely wave back. Now, we'll stick to blinking. If they're MOC members, they'll acknowledge and blink back. If they're not, they'll slow down thinking that there's a cop ahead.
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #20
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
One thing is you need to be able to see if the oncoming fiveris a montana. I usually don't distinguish the make until it's to late.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote