Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Shane01638
Established Member

M.O.C. #4613
2005 3295RK Custom Floor Plan

MUST SELL, Moving to Alaska. Will Deliver. Pulled with Air Ride Hitch. Arctic Insulation Package Custom Floor Plan. More storage than newer models. Basement Drawer, Fireplace, Central Vac, Ceiling Fan, Fantastic Fan, Water Purifier, Washer/Dryer Closet, Generator Ready, 2nd A/C Prep, Garden Tub, Black Tank Flush, Cedar Lined drawers and closets, Surround Sound, Satellite/Cable ready, phone jack. Upgraded Moen Faucets and Hardware, Pantry, Half-time/convection/microwave oven. Electric and or Gas Water Heater, Computer Desk, Sleeper Sofa, Recliner, Lots of useable counter top, Double sinks, corian countertops, Shocks and EZ-Lube Axles. Well taken care of. Great to live in or enjoy luxury outings. $52,000 Currently located in Panama City Beach, FL. Please Contact. Shane01638@hotmail.com 850-532-2791 You can also find it on www.rvtraderonline.com, look near zip code 32407.

Shane01638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Your rig looks great. I am not wanting to start trouble but you might want to rethink your asking price since one can a brand new one for much less than your asking price and you are selling used after all. That is the floorplan that we plan on ordering once our home is sold and I know for a fact that I can get it with all that yours has plus dual pane windows for less than $47,000, in fact probably closer to the $41,000 area.

But hey the fiver does look nice. Good luck with your sale.

GQ
Montana_6085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Shane ... I can't seem to view your rig on the link you've supplied. I am, however, quite curious about what you mean by a "custom floor plan" since we had a 3295 at one time

Thanks.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
Shane01638
Established Member

M.O.C. #4613
Try this link http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/6/2/86435062.htm

I looked at the new Montana's and discovered that they drastically narrowed their storage compartments. I did also discover at our local Montana dealer that the New 2006's on the lot are MORE than the New 2007's. They have dropped almost $10,000 a year since 2005. When I asked the dealer about the prices they wouldn't tell me why they were like that. Also, the new 3295RK takes a wonderful floor to ceiling corner cabinet and replaces it with a small waist high cabinet (to the left of the door leading into the bedroom/bathroom).

About ours being custom. When you first walk in the door to the right is a floor to ceiling coat closet on the bottom and a shelved closet on top instead of the washer/dryer closet. Then, when you walk into the bathroom, you have the shower and sink on the right (instead of the left). On the left is the toilet and then the washer/dryer closet. I like that better so the sink isn't right next to the bed. Plus, we gained the whole coat closet without losing anything.

I think there are hidden reasons why the Montana's have dropped in price over the last 2 years. Our price is negotiable and it is the NADA used price. We've added alot like the Moen faucets and all the cedar paneling. If you don't want the washer/dryer you can keep the drawers and shelves we installed in that closet.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
I have a 2004 3295rk and it is the same floor plan that you have nothing special about it just the way they were in 03 thru 05. and by the way when I purchased my 04 in June of 03 the total was just over 30,000 so if you shop around there are deals out there. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #6
Shane01638
Established Member

M.O.C. #4613
Now I sound like a fool. When we bought it the salesman told us it was a custom floor plan. Then looking at the floor plan on-line at that time, I could see the difference. Even looking at the 05 brochure it shows the similar floorplan like it is now on-line. The 06's are still more than the 07's here at RV Connections. I checked NADA on-line to get our price which is what the banks and insurance company's used. When we bought ours the bank/insurance company valued ours at $76,000 according to our VIN number and options. I'm sorry if what I said wasn't accurate, but I could only go off what I knew and could research. I guess I should have tried to look at some more dealerships on-line to get their price differences. I went to a dealership today that sells the Everest and the other Keystone models (not the Montana). They said the Everest replaced the Cambridge and the everest felt very flimsy. The old Cambridges were much better.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Oh, dear, well, hate to let more air out of someone's tires, but the Everest did NOT replace the Cambridge. The Everest has been around for quite a while like the Montana. The Everest and the Montana are close in placement in the lineup at Keystone. Sorry but the salesmen or sales person you spoke with today has no clue! Such a shame, they tried to pull that silliness on you.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
There is no replacement for the Cambridge - and if there was, it's certainly NOT the Everest!

Better just quit listening to those Dealers and stick with your friends in the MOC! Pretty soon they will stop talking and start listening.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:34 AM   #9
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Yeah, I am sorry about you learning about your mistake but the Everest did not replace the Cambridge. I really think you need to see other dealers because honestly, your dealer is a liar at best and we can only suspect what else since he has already told you all of the lies he has about the rig you bought and all. And around here the 2006s are not more expensive than the 2007s at all. I really think you got screwed big time by that dealer. Do some searching around the net and you will fimnd that just about everything you are saying is not correct at all.

And like I said before, you might want to readjust the price on your unit since it is so high. Yes, it is a Montana but one can not expect to see it for that price when one just like it with even more options can be had for less and be brand new.

Good luck though.

GQ
Old 11-18-2006, 02:42 AM   #10
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

There is no replacement for the Cambridge - and if there was, it's certainly NOT the Everest!

Better just quit listening to those Dealers and stick with your friends in the MOC! Pretty soon they will stop talking and start listening.
You got that right about the Cambridge. That was one nice fiver. Our dealer nearby has one on the lot and I wish we could afford the weight and the price., even though it has been reduced a lot since they no longer make them. You are lucky to have one.

It seems really bad that since he had internet access that he did not do more research on his own before shelling out what must have been an awful high price for that rig he is selling. And somehow I think he is reading something wrong because there is no insurance company around that would insure that rig for as muych as he is saying. I talked to ours they laughed when I told them about it. And they insure for replacement cost of a brand new fiver and if he paid that much for it he really got had big time.

GQ
Old 11-18-2006, 03:47 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
GQ,

My Cambridge is a joke - I just stole the picture until my new Monty gets here
Old 11-18-2006, 03:52 AM   #12
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

GQ,

My Cambridge is a joke - I just stole the picture until my new Monty gets here
I was wondering about that "Keystone Loaner" stuff on the pic. LOLOLOL Very good. You got me with that one. So, what is it you are waiting on, what model?

GQ
Old 11-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #13
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Try selling it on eBay...I sold my last TT there...got half again what the dealer was going to give me. Sold an '05 Silverado TV there, too.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Graphic Queen,

We ordered the 3400RL.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:31 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Brad and Dory, congratulations on ordering the new Montana!

Shane, you're not the first to be misled by a dealer. I hope you will not let the exposure of that dealer's lies to you keep you from participating in this forum. This forum is here to help others. I hope this thread has served that purpose.

Just an FYI. Montana does not do custom floorplans. A new 3295RK would bring right around $55-62k, full retail, depending on options. That's a rough estimate based on our having ordered a new Montana in the past few months and having seen the prices on all models.

Also, I've asked three different Keystone execs about Everest vs. Montana, over the past two years. All three told me they have the same bottom line budget. The Everest puts more into eye candy. The Montana puts more into construction quality. For example, the Everest does not have attic vents to vent moisture. The Montana does. Also look closely wherever you can see the construcion quality. Also, the Cambridge, Everest, and Montana were all on the market at the same time. That makes it pretty clear the Everest did not replace the Cambridge. What your salesman may have been told is some of the features of the Cambridge are being incorporated into the Everest and some into the Montana.

Good luck selling your rig.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:58 AM   #16
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
You're absolutely right Steve - guess where the Venetian Gold came from ... the Cambridge. I believe the docking station and a few other features as well. Now if they would just carry over the midship turn lights and backup lights from the Cambridge

Brad
Old 11-21-2006, 06:45 AM   #17
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Brad tell them to bring over the full paint job of the Cambridge.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #18
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Broom - I really doubt they will ever start doing that again. They said the full paint option was $10K, and I'm not sure it was that marketable. The Cambridge was a good example, nice coach but it listed at over $90K and there was no market.

Besides, this gray body paint on this Cambridge really clashes with my Dark Stone TV . At least I have a chance with the regular graphics that pick up on most every color made.

Brad
Old 11-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #19
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Brad and Dory, congratulations on ordering the new Montana!

Shane, you're not the first to be misled by a dealer. I hope you will not let the exposure of that dealer's lies to you keep you from participating in this forum. This forum is here to help others. I hope this thread has served that purpose.

Just an FYI. Montana does not do custom floorplans. A new 3295RK would bring right around $55-62k, full retail, depending on options. That's a rough estimate based on our having ordered a new Montana in the past few months and having seen the prices on all models.

Also, I've asked three different Keystone execs about Everest vs. Montana, over the past two years. All three told me they have the same bottom line budget. The Everest puts more into eye candy. The Montana puts more into construction quality. For example, the Everest does not have attic vents to vent moisture. The Montana does. Also look closely wherever you can see the construcion quality. Also, the Cambridge, Everest, and Montana were all on the market at the same time. That makes it pretty clear the Everest did not replace the Cambridge. What your salesman may have been told is some of the features of the Cambridge are being incorporated into the Everest and some into the Montana.

Good luck selling your rig.
Actually, the Everest does have attic vents. They also offer dual pane windows. One must never take the brochures for being the end all to be all when it comes to facts about any of the RVs that any manufacture makes. When we interested in the Everest, I talked to the factory and there isn't anything that the Montan offers that one can not get on any Everest.

GQ
Old 11-21-2006, 09:29 AM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'll take your word for that but no Everest I've ever seen has attic vents, including a nearly new one that left this park last week. Nor are attic vents mentioned among the standard or construction items on www.keystone-everest.com . They are mentioned on the corresponding Montana site. Don't confuse tank vents for attic vents. I don't take a lot of stock in brochures. I have combed the Everest including climbing on the roof. No attic vents there this past summer.

Both Everest and Montana offer dual pane windows. The Everest is very nice but the construction quality is not as good as the Montana. Climb the roof and look for the attic vents. I'd venture you won't find them. Unless they very recently added them. The difference between the two brands is not so much in the options list as the standards list and construction. You have to get down and crawl around to find the differences. I have done that.

And I say again I've been told the same thing by three different Keystone execs. In any case, the Everest has the nicer interior appointments, the Montana has the better construction quality.

I have not checked this out but was told by our Montana dealer when chatting (after the sale) that the Everest's resale value per NADA is considerably lower than the Montana's, even after just a year. Again, I have not checked this one out. Still, the Everest is a nice rig but since we're fulltimer's we'll go with the better construction quality. To each his own. The Everest is the right choice for many, but not for us since we live in ours fulltime and drag it all over the country. Sorry, just my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote