Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2006, 04:41 AM   #1
Montana_5882

M.O.C. #5882
Dropping Negative Posts

My negative post about Keystone was removed !
Appears that Keystone does not allow freedom of speech.

Montana_5882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:10 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Oh, dear, sorry to hear you have obviously had a bad time with Keystone.

but, the last I knew:

Keystone does read this forum,

The forum is INDEPENDENTLY owned, by a individual person, and that person as far as I know, has no ties to Keystone, other than that person, may or may not own a Keystone product.

We wish you good luck in getting whatever your problems are solved. Keystone has in the past been very willing to fix issues with our units, even when they are rather OUT of warranty. Al and I will attest to that over and over, and over!! We are one of the Montana owners that had a number of serious problems, more serious than a day/night shade (just picking something for an example) not functioning correctly or tearing.

If your problem is with a dealer, that is another entire situation. Some of us had plenty of those kinds of problems too (yep, us again)

Working WITH Keystone, and a bit of a sense of humor, even tho it is REALLY hard to have a sense of humor when your unit has serious problems, has worked well for us.

Again, sorry you are disappointed or have issues, and we wish you ALL THE BEST in getting them solved.

(Thanks Glenn)

Al & Carol Stevens Tipton, Mi.
Retired - Traveling with 4 Yorkies
2004 3295RK
2003 GMC 3500 Allison/8.1
PullRite 15.5K Super 5th
Line-X
JackRabbit tonneau cover
Bilstein shocks
Isolator Pin Box

Our Camping Rig History
Montana Improvements and Travel Reports
Recipe for the RVing Life

Our take on RV ownership, "Ya better be handy with your hands and handy with your cash."

Every day spent on earth is a blessing, every day spent in our Montana is a day blessed twice.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Like Carol pointed out Keystone does read this forum but Keystone has no say whatsoever as to what is posted on the forum. Like you and I, Keystone and it's employees are nothing more than members. There have been many many negative posts about Keystone and it's dealer network and rarely has one ever been deleted.
Not having seen your post I have no idea why your's was removed other than to believe it could have been the way it was presented/worded.
If you haven't already had an explanation from an MOC Administrator maybe you should email them and ask why.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0
WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Click on either of the above for a larger image
We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am right up there in the negative keystone and Montana Post. I think in every case in reference to quality and workmanship.If you "choose your words carefully" you can express yourself without being deleted. This forum, as I understand it, Is individually owned and is therefore subject to the owners rules..Example..I do not like cauliflower, can't stand the smell of it..if this were my forum I would delete any post that mentioned cauliflower. Don't know who the owner is but they do a good job of keeping this a good family forum..

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
We've all had posts deleted or moved, and not necessarily because they were negative towards a manufacturer. I concur, I would think perhaps it was just a wording issue and if re-stated it might be accepted. Just my thoughts.

mac

1999 Silverado LS Extended Cab, Prodigy Brake Controller
2006 2955RL
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dkarr1's post was not found this AM by this ole gal, course, maybe she was still sleeping at the computer??

But, I did find it just now at:

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17417

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #7
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Dkarr1, saw your post late last night and was going to try and give you some insight/help and then when I got back on today, it was gone. Don't know why and it is too bad as a lot of the frequent posters in MOC would have given you some good advise by now. Your problem with the frame is not unusual for Montanas; unfortunately we had the same problem. If you do some research on MOC, try "frame flex" or "hitch pin problem". We were still under warranty and had to have it repaired at the factory. Most, but not all, if I remember right, have had their frame problems resolved by the factory in one fashion or the other once it was brought to their attention regardless of warranty. Sometimes that requires a lot of patience and contacting the right folks at the factory. The other threads contain all this good info. If you can't find the past threads come back to this one and folks here will help you as much as they can.

Don't know where you are, but it sounds like your repair facility is lacking for sure. When we first took ours into a dealer, they had it for nine days and finally got the parts from Keystone to repair it. The fix didn't last as far as their front door and it was broken again. Some have had success with dealers, but most haven't. Besides the factory in Goshen, IN, there is also one in Pendleton OR and at least one MOCer got their unit successfully repaired there. When our failed, it did a great deal of damage (we have the same floorplan). Check your outriggers to make sure that they haven't failed, too (THE WALLS COLLAPSE). Measure the distance from your countertop to the overhead cupboard first by the support posts and then again by the wall to see if there is a difference. Our countertop also cracked by the stove and under the kitchen window.

We will check this thread to see if you are making any progress regarding your frame problem. Actually this is a Lippert problem as far as we can tell. Other manufactures using their frames have had the same problem.

MoBillTuxRex&Princess
Fulltiming since '93
'04 3575; '06 2500HD Duramax/Allison
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
dkarr1,

I'm not sure what happened to your post earlier, but it looks like it is back now with several responses. I hope the dealer and Keystone step up and make things right for you. We've seen Keystone do right by so many folks, I hope yours is not an exception. Best wishes!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote