Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
aaadave
Established Member

M.O.C. #5261
slide floor

hi all, i dont have a montana, but i do have an 03 everest, so i think my lay out is the same. iv'e noticed some soft wood on the living room slide floor. i guess it's been leaking without me knowing it. my question is this. how is the floor designed ? does it have any kind of joist support, or is it just one 13 ft piece of wonderwood.( thats what i call it)? the soft place is under the dining table and i dont if i can patch it. also, does anyone know if the kitchen slide( fridge,stove and tv) has rollers under it like the bed slide? i need to raise one side up a little. thank for any help you can give me. dave.

aaadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Hey aaadave. We found the same problem about 4 weeks ago with our dining room slide, in our 2003 3655 FL. My husband Steve left a thread regarding how to change out the floor. I also started a post titled "rotting out dining room slide", listed under the repair section, on Aug 28th. If you have any more questions, PM us and we will tell you more about our experience. We think the damage came from the outside slide trim, as the rot was more severe on the bottom of the plywood floor. That trim piece should be recaulked after your floor is replaced. Good luck!
PS: When you put the replacement in, it is much easier with 3 people, 2 to lift the slide on either side, and one to slide the plywood into place.

Steve and Tara Krumm
2004 GMC 4X4 Duramax Allison
2003 Montana 3655 FL

txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote