Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #21
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Ozz you need to buy yourself a CharBroil "Big Easy"! I got one from my boys for my birthday two years ago and it is great and you can cook your pork or beef or even chicken or turkey in no time! You can smoke the meat somewhat but not like a real smoker also. I really like the pork ribs, loin and beef brisket in it. Only takes about an hour or so to cook a full loin and maybe 2-2 1/2 hours to cook a 24# turkey. Yup, I said 2 hours! YUM!! It runs off of propane so that is no problem and it cooks by radiant heat instead of direct heat. Nice! Check it out!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I shall! Thanks for the tip.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #23
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

Since one of us is still working, our trips aren't any longer than 4 days. If I don't precook bacon at home, I use the "precooked, needs no refrigeration" bacon sold on the store shelf. It's perfect for just us two and I keep a box or two in the Montana, just in case. I only buy it when it's on a great sale otherwise it's $3.99 to $4.99 for a pack of 10-14 slices, depending upon which brand you buy.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #24
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Where is the like button Margee??

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #25
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
I cook up everything in our freezer and buy disposable containers from the dollar store, you can write on the lids and they stack up great in the freezer. Love having meals prepared ahead of time. Especially after traveling all day. Getting ready to do it again next month, I will cook up some bacon too. Thanks,
Claudia
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #26
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I'm too lazy and forgetful to do anything like food prep in advance. Besides we prefer to fill our freezer with ice cream than pre-cooked food. Since we don't boondock or I set up a complete kitchen outside the rig (keeps things cleaner in the rig) we cook things fresh and don't usually RV too far from a good grocery mart. This works for us since we aren't out for more than 10 days.

So Ozz, you think just sucking in your gut makes you good looking? That doesn't work for me so I'm guessing that doesn't work for anybody. Just teasin'! I'm guessing you are quite the looker with or without the gut.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote