Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Where we will be.

We will be leaving home on or about the 3rd. of Nov. Spend the first night near Winnemmucca NV. second night (or two) in Parump NV. Then Laughlin NV. We Will be in Yuma Lakes from the 10th. to the 10th of Dec. We will be in El Golfo MX. from Dec. 17th to Jan 17(maybe longer) If you are in the area give a Email. As I sit here adding to this contemplating leaving NEXT week it is doing it's darnedest to snow on my trip.Not sticking yet but wait tile tonight. Darn. Treecounter

Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 06:57 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the post. Parump, NV is one place I want to visit. Keep us posted. P.S. Art Bell is one of my favorite talk radio show hosts. Keep us posted. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:02 AM   #3
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
My first trip to Oregon we went through Winnemucca, NV. I was new to the mountains. We drove from Winnemucca to Klamath Falls, OR. Yikes! That road is scary to say the least and you feel like you will never see another human.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:13 AM   #4
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
We go through Burns to get to Winnemucca. We found the road to Lake View- K Falls a little steep going down. That was before we had the Pac-break. There is a lot of nothing anyway you go to Winnemmucca. I have never heard Art Bell but have a friend in S.D. that thinks we should go worship at the shrine. Treecounter
Old 10-04-2004, 05:28 AM   #5
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Needless to say when we moved here several months later in 1978 we came through Reno.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Treecounter,

Sounds like an excellent adventure. I have been out west in an auto but never knowing. My knees always shake a little when I read where some of you venture towing your Montana's. Someday I'll leave the Florida Flats!

Feel free to chime in with a Mountain report anytime.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:10 PM   #7
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Fla native, if you time your trip right you could have a helluva tail wind going West. We were raised on Mt. roads as I worked in forestry and learned to drive on logging roads. All you have to remember is "gear down". Most of the roads are fine it just some of the back roads that were laid out by cattle drives that get interesting. Treecounter